Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vordakk

Skulltag behaviors vs. Zdoom

Hi, I recently decided to playtest a wad I'm making in Skulltag, in addition to ZDoom/GZDoom and Vavoom. I noticed that monsters close to torches or othe obstacle decorations would sometimes be stuck in Skulltag but not in ZDoom. Is this because Skulltag comes with certain default compatibility options checked that ZDoom doesn't? I thought Skulltag was basically built on ZDoom anyways, so I assumed they would play the level exactly the same way. I'm taking steps to fix these issues in my map, but was also wondering if there was a way to force the compatibility setting or flag through MAPINFO if that is indeed the problem.

The other question is in reference to 3D bridges in Skulltag. In ZDoom, the raising and lowering of the floor is silent because I placed the dummy sector far away in the void like the tutorial suggested. But in Skulltag, the player can still hear the sound of the bridge floor raising and lowering. Why is this and what can I do to fix it for Skulltag?

Not sure about the former issue you're having, but in regards to the latter, there's a "sector sounds use center as source" compatibility option in Skulltag. I assume switching that to "yes" would make the 3D bridges silent.

Megamur said:

Not sure about the former issue you're having, but in regards to the latter, there's a "sector sounds use center as source" compatibility option in Skulltag. I assume switching that to "yes" would make the 3D bridges silent.

I did see that option when I looked at Skulltag. ZDoom has it as well. But by default they are both set to no. Yet in ZDoom, the bridge is silent, while in Skulltag it's noisy. You ARE correct in that if I set the option to "yes" in Skulltag, it fixes the problem. But then why does it not affect the map in ZDoom???

are you perhaps moving the floor/ceiling with instant raising/lowering specials?

At some point ZDoom changed the instant floor/ceiling movement to be silent. Maybe that is still noisy in Skulltag.

Worst said:

are you perhaps moving the floor/ceiling with instant raising/lowering specials?

At some point ZDoom changed the instant floor/ceiling movement to be silent. Maybe that is still noisy in Skulltag.

I'll look into that, thanks!