Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Magnum Express

3D walls in Skulltag

Nope. Apparently it's to stop cheaters. You would think the wad author could make that decision for their own maps, but we can't be trusted with such decisions.

Yes if you use the very latest betas.

The reason isn't for cheaters, it's for imbalance between the software users and the OpenGL users. Now that (unsloped) 3D floors are rendered in software mode too, they've been enabled.

Are sloped 3D floors still prevented, then?

Mind you, this is good news for sure. Gives me some ideas for a certain something that starts with 'S' and ends with 'paceDM9'.

Xaser said:

Are sloped 3D floors still prevented, then?

Mind you, this is good news for sure. Gives me some ideas for a certain something that starts with 'S' and ends with 'paceDM9'.

Ooh ooh ooh, I know! Is it.. wait, I can't remember. Something about capes?

I was confused at first because I didn't know if "3D walls" meant "3D floors". Yeah, the latest Skulltag beta allows them (Sloped 3D floors still don't work though).

I wouldn't throw Stacked Sectors away just yet, though. There can still be some performance issues when it comes to having a large number of 3D floors and sprites on screen at the same time. As long as you don't overdo it, it should be fine.