Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acid

Panophobia -> CHECK OTHER TOPIC. THIS ONE IS DEAD.

TrueDude said:

Some pics of Agliophobia (Fear of pain):
There will be lava floors, nukage floors, and other damaging floors too later. Also, a lot of enemies in places to cause you the most pain.

I hope there will also be enough health to compensate.

Yes, there will be plenty of health, I start the map out with a berserk to compensate any health loss from the previous map.

TrueDude said:

Yes, there will be plenty of health, I start the map out with a berserk to compensate any health loss from the previous map.

That's a nice move,even though it won't affect my health much (love the berserk fist though).I play all maps from pistol start.

I skimmed through the thread, but didn't see anything of this. Is there a due date so-to-speak for the maps? I'll be a little while with Hemophobia. Trying to juggle school, various music projects, and even my own Doom wads.

I'm liking everyone's pics.

Jodwin said:

The first post only asked for "more challenging maps", which doesn't necessarily mean slaughter.

First couple of pics that came out were giving me the impression of slaughter type maps. Obviously that is not case.

Oh, and I second PRIMEVAL's concern for the time frame of this project.

It'll be good to do a status check, but no confirmed finish date (I'm doing school etc too).

I'll go update the status check. We'll have one very soon.

STATUS CHECK: OCTOBER 1ST / 2011

My map, by far, isn't a slaughter map. Occasional hordes of Imps maybe, perhaps an ambush of pinkies or two, but no slaughter. I'm aiming for more of a ammo/health tactical difficulty as opposed to monster count difficulty.

EDIT: And thanks, Bloody!

Hey BloodyAcid, could I change the theme of my map to Ereuthophobia (fear of the color red)? I'm having trouble conveying a fear of demons.

Olympus said:

Hey BloodyAcid, could I change the theme of my map to Ereuthophobia (fear of the color red)? I'm having trouble conveying a fear of demons.

Done~

I suppose I should ask, since the OP says vanilla gameplay, should we stick to vanilla limits as well, or are these limit removing maps?

Well, as in Vanilla gameplay, original without Jumping/Crouching, but limit removing as in, can be big and fancy.

Thank goodness, I was having some trouble getting rid of some HOMs only appearing in Chocolate. No idea what's causing it o.O

BloodyAcid said:

Will be slower on my own part, as I'm drowning in homework...

LOL, same here.

Today is the checkpoint day!

How is everyone coming along with the maps?

on the claustrophobia map, i erased half of it because it was just boring as hell. i have no idea the % since i never really plan things and just do it as i go.

i started a second map for the isolophobia level though, and i finally landed on an idea that i like for it. no screenshots yet, at least until i am happy with it.

but i'm getting there, just as the chicken escaped from being tied to the 9 knots that followed it to the end of the world, and then took itself to the cosmic eye of the universe, to only see its own reflection standing on its own puddle of tears. to later cry for its feathers that lolz

Here are some pics from my map. I'd say i'm about 40% done with mine. Still working on the layout of the level. For the most part I have the feeling i wanted down. This is really different from stuff I've worked on in the past.

Autophobia images: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Slowly but surely coming along. I don't know the percentage either, I don't plan my maps ahead of time, I just make up as I go along. Layout-wise it's coming close to finish I think, details coming up next, then I have a general idea for monster / item placement. I'll probably get pics up later.