Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Jimmy's making an album!

We've got a bit of a financial situation over here right now and it's all pretty hectic.

So, I've decided to finally get to work on making an album proper. It will be a 10-track electronic-themed album composed using Cakewalk Express and Propellerhead Reason. Vocals will feature on the majority of the tracks. There will also be a few tracks which you may recognise as originally being MIDIs. :)

For now, I'm using this graphic as the album art - it's from NASA's APOD website. I could probably do with something better, but I really like this.

WIP name is "Creation". Teasers of a few of the tracks (that have been finished so far) are available here.
http://soundcloud.com/james-paddock/sets/creation-teasers/

Track Listing (subject to change)
1. Parhelion
2. Arc of Light
3. Radiation Zone
4. Cerberus
5. Within Reach
6. Sleep
7. Fallen Sun
8. Day of Wrath
9. Voyage
10. Control

I'm gonna need you guys to buy like a million copies of it when it comes out - hopefully later this year. Please spread the word. :D

In the meantime, I'd really appreciate some feedback on the tracks so far. Particularly regarding the mixing/mastering, which is something I'm terribly bad at. I tend to switch everything in that regard onto the default setting and hope for the best, making minor alterations as I go along, should I spot that they need to be made.

Once again, the link:
http://soundcloud.com/james-paddock/sets/creation-teasers/

Thanks in advance! :D

I really like Voyage. You've got some great stuff going, I hope you get what you'd like out of it. But I wouldn't hope for it to solve your financial problems. :/

Let me know if you'd like a remix, I'd only be too happy.

I like the concept of it. :P It reminds me of this.

(best DnB album ever)

It's definitely not the final thing, though I will probably go with something similar in the end.

darknation said:

you want an eye-ball vagina hovering in a nest of seaweed?

If you pop and eye out of it's socket, it does indeed become a vagina.

Technician said:

That's disgusting I apologize on behalf of Technician and his... suggestion of the anatomical similarities between an eye socket and a vagina.

New album artwork here.

It's a mock-up of my actual vision for the album's cover, and is by no means permanent. (For one thing, the images I used probably have copyright.)

Still, thoughts? :P

Yeah. Where do you think the term "brainchild" came from?

The chorus of voyage at 1:40 could use a different synth choice imo. When I heard the midi through Fluidsynth while playing it in a doom level recently (Jenesis maybe?) it sounded like magic.