Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C30N9

First Custom 64EX Map (idgames Link)

dannebubinga said:

I'm a novice when it comes to other than normal doom. What do I need to play this? It looks really cool :)

Forgot to mention.

1- Open the launcher.
2- Type at the bottom:
-file 64c30n9.wad

And thanks for the comment. :)

Nice to see the potential of 64Ex finally coming to reality. Between this and Footman's map I'm pretty excited to see what's in store over the next few months... :)

Just curious, how come the teleporter doesn't work? Is that a bug in the game itself?

Average said:

Nice to see the potential of 64Ex finally coming to reality. Between this and Footman's map I'm pretty excited to see what's in store over the next few months... :)

Just curious, how come the teleporter doesn't work? Is that a bug in the game itself?

Yeah 64Ex is going to take off. In fact, I'm planning right now for a small map pack for this.

About the teleporter, I don't know either. I spend a half hour trying to fix it, but no results. The reason is unknown, because there is another teleporter which works perfectly.

C30N9 said:

Yeah 64Ex is going to take off. In fact, I'm planning right now for a small map pack for this.

About the teleporter, I don't know either. I spend a half hour trying to fix it, but no results. The reason is unknown, because there is another teleporter which works perfectly.

Why not just delete the old teleporter then and build a completely new one?

hardcore_gamer said:

Why not just delete the old teleporter then and build a completely new one?

Nope.

C30N9 said:

1- Open the launcher.
2- Type at the bottom:
-file 64c30n9.wad

I'm sorry but that didn't really help at all. By novice I meant that I don't have damn clue how to play a 64 wad. Wich ports is this compatible with, wich iwad, etc? I know I could just search and look this up by myself, but I think it wouldn't hurt to include this info in the thread since this is one of the first 64 wads to be released.

Please excuse my incompetence :P

dannebubinga said:

I'm sorry but that didn't really help at all. By novice I meant that I don't have damn clue how to play a 64 wad. Wich ports is this compatible with, wich iwad, etc? I know I could just search and look this up by myself, but I think it wouldn't hurt to include this info in the thread since this is one of the first 64 wads to be released.

Please excuse my incompetence :P

That's ok.

The port is called "Doom 64Ex" by Kaiser. Download it from here and put it in a directory. Now you have to get the Doom 64 rom. After getting it, open WADGEN.exe from Doom 64Ex's directory and search for that rom, it should start converting. It will create an IWAD for the port. Then you'll have a computer Doom 64 game. :)

C30N9 said:

Nope.

Uhm, what does "nope mean"?

Does it mean nope as in "I won't build a new teleporter" or nope as in "it tried it and it did not work"?

I hate it when people give single world replies which meaning you have to guess :(

hardcore_gamer said:

Uhm, what does "nope mean"?

Does it mean nope as in "I won't build a new teleporter" or nope as in "it tried it and it did not work"?

I hate it when people give single world replies which meaning you have to guess :(

Think............. till now! :P

I meant nope, no results after I followed your suggestion.

C30N9 said:

That's ok.

The port is called "Doom 64Ex" by Kaiser. Download it from here and put it in a directory. Now you have to get the Doom 64 rom. After getting it, open WADGEN.exe from Doom 64Ex's directory and search for that rom, it should start converting. It will create an IWAD for the port. Then you'll have a computer Doom 64 game. :)

I should also add that we can't give you a direct link to the ROM as that would be illegal.

Someone needs to start up a Doom 64 community megawad now so we can have a Doom 64 megawad within mere months of DB64's release.

TrueDude said:

Someone needs to start up a Doom 64 community megawad now so we can have a Doom 64 megawad within mere months of DB64's release.

I've been thinking of that. But I need to cover up things before. Maybe essel should do that since he is familiar with the old one.

essel is probably a bit busy with a certain more important project, though... Unless he decides to make a sequel to Back to Saturn X using Doom 64. Which in that case would be fucking awesome.

TrueDude said:

essel is probably a bit busy with a certain more important project, though...

Which one you mean, Vaporware, KDiKDiZD or TSoZD?

TrueDude said:

Back to Saturn X

Ah yeah, that one.

I think the map would be improved by making everything darker.

Played this last night. I had fun with it. Health was REALLY tight. I was running around with 12% health after the library battle. That megasphere showed up at just the right time. Like jute said, the map is unusually bright for a DOOM 64 map, but that's not necessarily a negative. No point in making D64 mods if we're just going to copy the style of the original maps to the letter.

A few issues I noted:

-In the water room, when the demons appeared, several of them seemed to spawn on top of me and I was unable to move until I killed them.

-With the gate that blocks the yellow key, once it's moved up and out of the way, you can still see it sticking out of the ceiling. If the raised gate is viewed from certain angles, it causes a glitch where you can see the sky through the ceiling.

-After I was all done, I had 100% items & secrets, but only 97% kills. I blasted every enemy I saw. Is 100% kills possible?

I also spent a good 45 minutes in DB64, trying to get that water teleporter to work, to no avail. I honestly have no clue what's wrong with it.

Megamur said:

I also spent a good 45 minutes in DB64, trying to get that water teleporter to work, to no avail. I honestly have no clue what's wrong with it.

I think it needs to be flagged one side only. I'll try that.

I should laugh at myself. The reason for not teleporting is because the teleport destination flagged with Spawner, which means it doesn't exist at all. I was putting monsters with some flags, and when I put the teleport thing, I forgot to remove them.

If I'd just deleted the teleport destination spot and rebuilt it, I could've probably figured it out. Darn. Oh well. At least it was a simple fix. :)

Average said:

Good to hear it's fixed. Have you updated the first post link, at all? :)

I haven't thought of that, because it is a test map. No I'm not cheap. :P

But it may scare idgamers :P. Once I have a chance I'll do. But how to update a wad on /idgames?