Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Insomniak

Best Hexen Hub?

Which is your favorite Hexen hub and why?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Hexen hub and why?

• Seven Portals (Winnowing Hall, Guardians of Ice, Fire, and Steel, Bright Crucible)
    • Shadow Wood (Darkmere, Caves of Circe, Wastelands, Hypostyle, Sacred Grove)
    • Heresiarch's Seminary (Silent Reflectory, Orchard of Lamentations, Griffin Chapel, Dragon Chapel, Wolf Chapel, Deathwind Chapel)
    • Castle of Grief (Effuvium, Forsaken Outpost, Gibbet, Dungeons, Desolate Garden)
    • Necropolis (Vivarium, Zedek, Menelkir, and Traductus's tombs, Dark Crucible)

Well, what is it?

My personal favorite was always the Heresiarch's Seminary. It was always fun to explore all those secret passages and chapels.

I know i made a poll like this before, but i didn''t have the 4+ option ability before.

Well huh, I can't decide.

Oh wait, yes I can.

--> SHADOW WOOD <--

Shadow Wood, although they're all really good in the own respect, especially Seven Portals and Heresiarch's Seminary.

Originally posted by Crendowing
BTW, is the Bright Cubicle a secret level?

Yeah, you can step into the waterfall at the beginning of the Seven Portals.

I feel like I'm in the minority...I voted Castle of Grief. They're all good, though.

I've only played the 1st hub and a few other levels, but I do remember that Darkmere FUCKING RULED. Best level in any game ever.

Originally posted by Archvile64
I feel like I'm in the minority...I voted Castle of Grief. They're all good, though.

Castle of Grief ruled, but I found a lot of it's level designs boring and underdetailed compared to the rest. It was a great theme though. Effluvium rocked though, and Forsaken Outpost had a nice feel to it as well.

Originally posted by insomniac
What was it that made Shadow Wood so good?

Uh... just play it and you'll see.

Well, maybe you won't...

:P

Originally posted by Zaldron
someone has to recreate Shadow Wood's feel in the Doom3 engine.

I'll do the soundtrack!

Originally posted by Lüt
I'll do the soundtrack!

I'll do the textures and the complex meshes!