• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Baron-Of-Hell

Favourite Ultimate Doom Episode...

Which Episode Do You Like The Best?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Episode Do You Like The Best?

• Knee Deep In The Dead
    • The Shores Of Hell
    • Inferno
    • Thy Flesh Consumed

I don't know if this one has been done yet so I'm sorry if it bugs any of you... Which Ultimate Doom episode is your favourite? I chose The Shores Of Hell because the very first time I played it I loved the battle with the Cyberdemon Lord!

Originally posted by Baron-Of-Hell
Hello? Are you all dead?

Patience is a virtue, my friend.

Anyway, I like 'em all.

I voted Knee Deep in the Dead, just cause it's the most nostalgic. They're all good, though. Much better than Doom 2 IMO.

E2 is my favorite, gotta love that level-design. E4 is nice too but it came much later so I dont think the comparison is fair really.

Heh, in case you didn't read the thread in the general forum where I stated this, the E4 names in order make a cool little poem =)

Funny, last time this question was polled, E1 conquered the majority and went way ahead of the other episodes.

E1 is my fave because it's the episode closest to displaying something remotely realistic - I mean, back in the day, it SEEMED like a realitsic environment.
Then there's the nostalgia, ah.

Originally posted by Archvile64
Heh, in case you didn't read the thread in the general forum where I stated this, the E4 names in order make a cool little poem =)

yeah I saw that, how did you find out about that?

From playing E4.

I remember thinking, WTF, these level names don't make any sense! Then I began putting them together in couplets, like E4M5 + E4M6, etc. Then I realized if you put them all together it sounded reall cool :P

well damn... took 8 years to figure that one out, I wonder what else we don't know

Originally posted by Archvile64
I remember thinking, WTF, these level names don't make any sense! Then I began putting them together in couplets, like E4M5 + E4M6, etc. Then I realized if you put them all together it sounded really cool :P

Didn't I make a reply in that thread actually making the poem?

Now I remember why I like E4 so much...I remember I had played all the other levels to death, and when I got The Ultimate Doom for Christmas one year, I opened it up and played through Thy Flesh Consumed, all the time thinking 'Yay, its awesome and new.' Hehe...still like it a lot for some reason.