Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To anyone who has already contributed finished or near-finished maps or other work to this project, if you want me to test your work or even give it a look, please send me a private message with links to the maps/other material or email them to me at bdl816@aol.com. I will be happy to test all material related to this project, given sufficient time to do so. :) Thanks.

I'm probably going to go through my level and make it more co-op friendly.

Speaking of which, it just occurred to me that I forgot to send my level to the other beta-testers. Doh! I will after I'm done fixing it up.

[DUMB QUESTION]

In coop, when one player picks up a weapon/health/ammo/power-up, are other players unable to get it?

[/DUMB QUESTION]

Processingcontrol said:

[DUMB QUESTION]

In coop, when one player picks up a weapon/health/ammo/power-up, are other players unable to get it?

[/DUMB QUESTION]

I think in vanilla the weapon can be grabbed only once, though some source ports do allow for multiple pick-ups (but that's not the case for this project).

valkiriforce said:

I think in vanilla the weapon can be grabbed only once, though some source ports do allow for multiple pick-ups (but that's not the case for this project).

Thanks!

What if everyone dies and there aren't any weapons left over. Would everyone be stuck with pistols?

Coming from someone who has actually played coop in Chocolate Doom, the weapons stay when you pick them up. You have unlimited respawns as well, so the level never resets unless you reset the server.

Ah, okay. The only co-op I've played is Skulltag. I know, blasphemous :P

If we DO set up a co-op server, I'd be willing to play with you guys; Mostly because I think it would be really fun. I don't play co-op all that much.

Matt534Dog said:

Coming from someone who has actually played coop in Chocolate Doom, the weapons stay when you pick them up. You have unlimited respawns as well, so the level never resets unless you reset the server.

That's correct. Keys also stay but health, ammo and powerups do not. Monsters stay dead. You might want to bear this in mind and allow a little extra flagged multiplayer only. Other co-op tips is not to let important areas get closed off forever so it doesn't break if both players die and have key doors stay open to prevent players who die having to backtrack for keys too much.

I'm going to start sending my maps to the testers with music and new skies included. I want them to play the maps with the intended atmosphere, instead of the bare-bones map.

Also, mappers, be sure to send your maps to one of the musicians for better composition. I think the music turns out much better when it is composed directly for the levels.

Do you think the musicians could claim slots on this thread based on the pictures, and then we send the music to whoever claims it? I think it'd be a lot easier for everybody that way.

Attention to all musicians!

Be sure to claim a map slot to compose music for! When the slot is clamed, the map will be sent to you. When you receive the map, play it! This way, the music will fit the map much better.

Also, maybe the temporary track used could be listed next to the level? That would make it even easier for composers to choose a map they'd like to make a midi for.

List the temporary track used for each map so the musicians can get an idea of what the track they make should be like.

By temporary tracks, do you mean finished tracks? Or the track it currently uses? I'm sorry if I'm being a bit of a pain by asking this.

I think he means to use an already existing track that is roughly what you have in mind for your level so musicians have a guide/concept to work from.

I feel like the musicians should just do their thing. They are much more musically talented than I, after all.

Also, I'm putting the finished music tracks up for display soon!

EDIT: The music tracks are up! Just click on "Listen" next to the map name on the list.

I listened to the music tracks and they're all great! They seem sort of like doom style tracks crossed with heretic style tracks, which is a cool combo.

XenoNemisis! You're welcome for making music for my maps!

You're a kind of musician which I like.

Updated the OP with new music for MAP07! Also, screenshots will be added to MAP23 very soon. Keep a look out for those!