Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

New devy video?

Like this:

Anyway, I wasn't terribly impressed with either of his two latest albums. The new video is...interesting. At least Addicted was an awesome album. Hopefully he'll be working on Ziltoid II next.

Danarchy said:

Anyway, I wasn't terribly impressed with either of his two latest albums.

The ponies have melted your brain.

Use3D said:

The ponies have melted your brain.

Those came out before I found ponies, you jerk. Or at least, I got the leaks first.

Maybe they'll grow on me. I've only given them each one good listen each, at this point. Still, it was only one listen that got me hooked to Ziltoid, Terria, Ki, and Addicted.

I discovered that vid just the other day myself. Good stuff. I grabbed Deconstruction yesterday and I've been listening to it a lot. Pretty good. Lots of really excellent guest appearances. I was really pleasantly surprised to hear Paul Masvidal (Cynic) have a vocal appearance on one of the songs :)

Also, I'm glad Devin got rid of that ridiculous skullet.

No, I agree with Danarchy. I absolutely love Strapping Young Lad but I've never really been that enthralled with his solo stuff apart from Physicist.

When he started saying that Deconstruction was going to be all heavy like Straps was I got really excited for it, but upon listening to the album I ended up disappointed.

Also his skullet was mad. I wish I could grow one as good when I go bald.

Nomad said:

I discovered that vid just the other day myself. Good stuff. I grabbed Deconstruction yesterday and I've been listening to it a lot. Pretty good. Lots of really excellent guest appearances. I was really pleasantly surprised to hear Paul Masvidal (Cynic) have a vocal appearance on one of the songs :)

Also, I'm glad Devin got rid of that ridiculous skullet.

Are you kidding? I loved that thing! lmao

In his own words, his skullet is part of Ziltoid now. Which makes me want Ziltoid II even more.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I just noticed Ziltoid was driving the train. Haha...

I don't really know how long ago he shaved his head but seriously, good move on his part. The balding dreadlock mullet just wasn't doing it for me.

Yeah, it was kind of cool/funny for about ten seconds, but then I noticed it just looks like he hasn't bathed in twenty years.

DeathevokatioN said:

Um yeah this is not for me. :)

Am I dreaming or did Super Jamie just make a post?

Wait, WHAT? My love has returned!?

Hi Jamie

Shaikoten said:

I don't really know how long ago he shaved his head but seriously, good move on his part. The balding dreadlock mullet just wasn't doing it for me.

I think he did it right after Ziltoid. It was basically his new look for the Devin Townsend Project, as well as a way for him to discard something that defined him in his days of drug use. Now that's he's clean, he's uh...clean-shaven.

Technician said:

Ah fuck, I though there was a new Devo video.

Cool to hear that I'm not the only Devo fan here. They're fucking great.

This stuff is pretty neat but it doesn't really strike a chord with me like SYL (one of my favorite bands). I wish he'd do another heavy album some time..

But maybe I just need some time. It took a few years for SYL to grow on me, maybe I just don't understand his lighter stuff yet. :)