Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sigvatr

Your favorite movie scenes

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

I wonder if this counts or not:

Sure, if it's one of your favorite scenes?

That guys looks like Elrond.

Sigvatr said:

That guys looks like Elrond.

Yep, both that guy and that girl(Playing with Guzheng) are HK stars. The guy is named "Shek Sau" and that girl named "Idy Chan". This movie is named as "The Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils", it's a very famous chinese wuxia(Super Martial Arts people) novel written by Cha Leung Yung. The song is actually about some sort of love message given by that girl to that guy. I also like to watch HK movies and dramas, especially about ancient times.

Here's another movie scene which I like, also from the same movie. As for the song's meaning, well hard to explain unless I translate all words:

Best movies ever:

Spoilers for the last one, since it's pretty much the final scene from the movie.

Creaphis said:

I'm actually tempted to watch this. All SEVEN AND A HALF FUCKING HOURS. Do I need to be able to understand Polish?

Hungarian actually :) There are a couple of subtitled DVDs available, but unfortunately the R1 release isn't of very good quality. The R2 release is great but to play it in NTSC countries you'd need a region free DVD player and a TV that can play PAL format DVDs and blah blah blah... Not that I'm seriously expecting anyone else than a hardcore film buff to actually watch the whole thing :D

Fun trivia: the average shot lenght in the film is around 2.5 minutes.

Satantango looks really cool, thanks for posting it. Luckily, russian translation exists, so I'm looking forward to watching it. I don't think that the length of it is a problem. I watched "War and Peace" (which is 6.5 hours long) in one sitting, and I often watch anime for 10+ hours. :)

How could I forget? Here's a scene some epic scenes from THE greatest movie of ALL TIME:

My favorite movie scene of all time is the scene where Ash fights his own hand in Evil Dead 2. It's one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed in the history of cinema.

Bucket said:

FUCKING.
BRUTAL.

Holy shit i'm pissed i watched that scene without watching the whole movie first.

40oz said:

Holy shit i'm pissed i watched that scene without watching the whole movie first.

Don't be, lol

Mr. T said:

Don't be, lol

Yeah. The action scenes in Rambo 4 (or "John Rambo" as it's supposed to be called) are the only worthy parts of that movie, as awesome as they unarguably are. The first movie remains the best because it wasn't just a carnage festival with no story.

That said, if you want silly mindless fun go watch Commando or The Expendables or Machete or something. At least those movies don't take themselves too seriously.

40oz said:

All of the best bits are on youtube. Rambo is a pretty shitty character, he's only cool when he's exploding people's heads.

Sigvatr said:

Rambo is a pretty shitty character, he's only cool when he's exploding people's heads.

Nono, I always found him cool in many of his movies. I remember one movie he use a roflcopter and shoot rockets to some soldiers, and the other one he get weapons and pickups in a forest after escaping from some polices. I forget the name of these 2 movies, but I really think he's godlike.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Nono, I always found him cool in many of his movies. I remember one movie he use a roflcopter and shoot rockets to some soldiers, and the other one he get weapons and pickups in a forest after escaping from some polices. I forget the name of these 2 movies, but I really think he's godlike.

He was ok in First Blood (the first movie) but beyond that he's really just "grim, bitter and bad ass war veteran" stereotype.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Yep, both that guy and that girl(Playing with Guzheng) are HK stars. The guy is named "Shek Sau" and that girl named "Idy Chan". This movie is named as "The Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils", it's a very famous chinese wuxia(Super Martial Arts people) novel written by Cha Leung Yung.

Bucket said:

FUCKING.
BRUTAL.

Nice! That movie was really badass, intense and over the top. One of my favorite modern times movies ever, alongside the new Predators movie and District 9 or whatever the number was at the end of District word. :P