Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Mitchell "engineer" Keesee passes away

One of our very own here at Doomworld passed away Monday. Mitchell Keesee, known here simply as "engineer", died in his home at the age of 23. The cause of death is yet to be determined, but I can tell you right now he was far too young to go.

I talked to him on a semi-regular basis since about early 2010, but first ran into him while playing Goldeneye: Source, a mod he had contributed to at some point in the past. He knew my name and knew me from DW, and from there we started to talk more. He also did the audio for Ham and Jam, an HL2 mod, and was very passionate about it. Looking back on his posting history, I see he was lending a hand with Brutal Doom and DTWID as well, and would talk about those quite a bit to me.

It saddens me to hear about his death. He was a cool guy to talk to, and I wish I could have gotten to know him better. Rest in peace, buddy.

I first saw the report of his passing here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/ham-and-jam/news/in-memory-of-mitchell-engineer-keesee

I never knew him but still very saddening news to hear of a person's passing. RIP.

My sincere condolences goes out to his family and loved ones. Losing someone so young is always a tragedy. Although I really did not know engineer, I did see him in passing here throughout the last decade. What a shame, God bless him and his family

Holy shit, this is a shock to me because I did talk to him within the past month on BrutalDoom stuff and now that he's totally gone, it will be a little different now.

It also makes me curious what the cause of death is, maybe we'll never know.

What if confirmed dead forum members (IE Espi and soforth) have their titled changed to Deceased?

Mr. Chris said:

What if confirmed dead forum members (IE Espi and soforth) have their titled changed to Deceased?

I was thinking that would be appropriate for their posts posterity.

I think it is much more respectful to leave their titles the way they wanted them.

For instance Assmaster's title was humorous, and I'd hate to see it changed. It would be a dishonor to his memory.

I agree 100%. Let the dead keep their titles -- well, at least if they were good titles.

I didn't know him, but my condolences go to those who did. I can see he was well respected and 23 is indeed far too young.

That's really sad to hear. I was reading up about him on ModDb and he had all his hopes and dreams to look forward to. It's touching that Doomworld shows that it cares when tragedy strikes one of its own, no matter the user.

It's always sad to hear yet another among us slip away; doubly so at such an age. I do remember some of engineer's posts here, and I can only imagine how hard such a loss must be on those closest to him.

RIP. I remember reading some of his posts and yeah, 23 is way too young...

Maybe the DTWID team could try get hold of what is left of his E2 map and cherry pick and rework a few pieces into an E2 map that makes it in? Would be a nice and fitting "farewell" to him, I think.

Quasar said:

I think it is much more respectful to leave their titles the way they wanted them.

Would it be a reasonable compromise to have "[RIP]" tacked on to the end of their title, for informational purposes, while keeping the rest of the custom title the same? That way, it's still like how it originally was, but would provide information to those who did not know that they were dead.

What is it about the Doom community that has it's members dying more frequently than other communities?

Nonetheless, it is very sad to see people go, RIP engineer. Never knew him, but it's a shame to see this happen to someone so young.

Sodaholic said:

Would it be a reasonable compromise to have "[RIP]" tacked on to the end of their title, for informational purposes, while keeping the rest of the custom title the same? That way, it's still like how it originally was, but would provide information to those who did not know that they were dead.

Man just let it go. It's tacky.

Engineer was credit to team.

Though I do remember his name around here, I don't honestly remember much of what he said or did. One of the downsides of being around here so long is that everyone just sort of blur together after a while.

That being said, it's a real tragedy for anyone to die at such a young age.