Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sigvatr

Shitty connection?

Has Doomworld been really slow to load for anyone else lately? I think someone mentioned it in #zdoom too.

If I want to complain about anything being slow it's Opera 11. I swear, Opera has become so incompetent, I'm a hair away from switching back to Firefox.

Technician said:

If I want to complain about anything being slow it's Opera 11. I swear, Opera has become so incompetent, I'm a hair away from switching back to Firefox.

Chrome 100%. It's like what Firefox was like when it first started doing the rounds. Now Firefox is slow as shit and has eight billion extensions to slow it down even more.

Using the forums a few hours ago caused a popup to be detected and blocked. It hasn't happened in a long time, I got no malware and I even added the entry in my hosts file a long time back. Hmm...

Sigvatr said:

Has Doomworld been really slow to load for anyone else lately? I think someone mentioned it in #zdoom too.

Maybe the powers that be have written your name in their little black book of 'miserable user' terrorists :(
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=93258

GreyGhost said:

Looks like google's covert browser monopoly is gooing smoothly. Outright buying all the competition might have legal hurdles and 'evil' overtones. If you pay the competition to take a dive in the fifth round instead, you get the monopoly plus the bonus points of looking like the least inept available plus you can probably place bets on stock beforehand, like Marsellus Wallace.

buttspit said:

Using the forums a few hours ago caused a popup to be detected and blocked. It hasn't happened in a long time, I got no malware and I even added the entry in my hosts file a long time back. Hmm...

It looks like Atomic Gamer have switched to Google Ad Services for the home page, so that gives you something else to block.

gggmork said:

GreyGhost said:

As a happy SeaMonkey user I resent those aspersions! :P