Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs passed away today. Sorry to hear this news; he seemed like a fantastic guy, and contributed to the way of the future more than I can articulate.

I just found out about it myself. I'm not really a big fan of Apple products, but he did a lot of things for the computer industry. His passing will be felt by many. RIP.

He was the genius behind Apple. Expect them to turn into a regular electronics company now

Wow, I knew he has been struggling with his health for years but I never expected him to die now. He could afford the best doctors in the world...

Mr. T said:

He was the genius behind Apple. Expect them to turn into a regular electronics company now

Even moreso, he was the face of the company. He was one of the few people who actually rose to a sort of iconic status... It's hard to imagine the next person who will be doing the wheeling and dealing on-camera. I get the impression that Apple's in for a rough ride.

I never really got into his products, but his influence was undeniable. RIP, dude.

Never been a fan of Apple, but I've always admired Steve Jobs, and particularly how he was able to become a celebrity by being the top-guy of a computer company. He's always been able to be somewhat of a visionary -- the products aren't always original, but he and his company usually massively simplified what they saw could be a big thing, and became successful at it; Macs themselves, the iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc.

I owned a iPod once, long before I had a Droid. I still miss the click wheel, and wish my phone had one when I'm playing music.

Technician said:

He could afford the best doctors in the world...

probably why he lasted so long. he looked like death lately, but he still kept going on acting like all is fine, gotta respect that.

and i agree that apple will probably become a slowly fading regular corporation with unimaginative CEOs.

R.I.P. 56 isn't much of an age to die at. :( I hope they can cure pancreatic cancer soon, probably one of the most dangerous cancer forms.

gonna shuffle the tracks on my ipod fo my boy jobs

When Steve Jobs worked at Atari, the company was working on creating the arcade game Breakout, which required 80 Integrated Circuits (ICs). The less ICs there were, the cheaper the games would be to produce, so Nolan Bushnell (Atari's president) offered $100 for every IC that could be knocked out of the design. Jobs brought Woz the challenge, and over four days and nights at Atari they put together a design that only required 30 ICs. Bushnell gave Jobs his $5000 bonus, which Jobs "split" with Wozniak by telling him it was a $700 bonus, giving him "half," or $350. Woz was delighted, but years later found out the truth. And cried.

This little story really does show the difference between the two founders: Wozniak, the classic hacker, facing challenges and improving a project so that people like himself could enjoy it, and Jobs, the goat fucker. As life has gone on to prove, it's the goat fucker that ends up running the company. Or, as might be said more poetically, In the valley of the goats, the Goat Fucker is king.

No big loss.

Sodaholic said:

For some reason I can only picture how much the apple fanboys must be freaking out right now.

darknation said:

No big loss.

Sounds like your typical "American Dream" success story, told with all the confidence of a all-american, white-toothed, pointy-haired up-and-coming run-of-the-mill CEO.

Simply skimming the links posted in this thread it seems pretty clear that the only people who idolise Steve Jobs are the outsiders looking in. The stories from those who actually worked with/under the guy paint an entirely different picture.

Visionary? Certainly. Genius? No comment.