Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gggmork

hi guyz, do you think its gonna be WWIII soon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZawTyfMf1U

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/resistanceradio/2011/06/24/the-mistrbrit-show

This is the latest fear mongering youtube cult I've joined and deemed worthy of memetic replication (they're less retarded than alex jones maybe! :D All you need is like a couple hours to donate your brain for brainwashing, then you can be in the same cult as me!)Apparently USA owes trillions and the other nations knows it can't be repaid. I suck at being coherent and summing things up with my fluoride eaten brain, but WWIII will probably happen in increments before historians start classifying it as "WWIII" and this guy thinks those increments have already occurred. So yeah, here's more fear mongering conspiracy spam for you. I think these videos were about.. something.. but I forget what due to having major brain memory problems.

Here he suggests that kicking the can down the road by printing money is strategic if the USA only need to maintain their position until the outbreak of WWIII:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssDyVERU5_0

Also ID is cool and makes good games!

Posting in epic doomsday thread.

As for world war 3, you want to watch an old British docu-drama called Threads, it's completely horrific (and it's set 10 minuted from my house) and it will probably put people off having another world war.

Well, I predict the possible causes of WW3:

1. Lack of resources in the world, developed countries then fight countries which are rich in resources. e.g. Japan in WW2

2. Most countries in the world become poor, then some countries will try to use war for snatching money from other countries. e.g. Japan, Germany and Italy in WW2.

3. When military competition and "untrustful effect" of US and China getting serious.

4. When China attacks Taiwan without any warning, US help Taiwan to fight back, and then China ask Africa, Middle-East and Russia for reinforcing. Same Europian countries and ASEAN send armies to help Taiwan, then it will become WW3.

5. If terrorism is getting serious or starting to spread to each part of the world.

But I can say it's possible that WW3 will be a war without any death or damages of cities, this is because of the global internet nowadays. There will be a chance that it will be a internet and pc war, which countries and countries use virus to attack each other. It's hard to say weather WW3 will happens in a short time, but I can say there's phoneomums that it will be happening. If China overtake US as world's number one, maybe it really happens in just a very short time. Imagine how chinese communist bandits treat other countries badly(Especaially Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, India, Singaopore, France and US).

Still the same, WW3 will be different from WW2. If it's not a pc war, then damages and affect will be much serious than WW2, this is because of nuclear weapons and horrible DNA-mutuation technology.

Not soon. Most likely cause would be catastrophic climate change causing famine and mass migrations, and the resentment that accompanies them. Maybe a few decades.

I was given a theory yesterday that could quite plausibly lead to a WW3. Here's roughly how it works:

1) The global economy worsens
2) The Euro continues to tank
3) This causes a lot of EU members to leave
4) The diplomatic nightmare that leads from this only exacerbates the issue of the economy being so fucked
5) One of the (European) countries most affected by the monetary issue gets a bit hostile (whether this is because of a Nazi-style government winning popularity in the desperate times or a current government falling out with an "acceptable target" is a bit of a non-issue)
6) This eventually leads to an invasion for resource/money grabbing purposes
7) This leads to escalation, with countries taking sides and the rest of the world watching
8) Boom

Obviously this is more of a theoretical worst-case scenario, but it's not too hard for it to be imagined. The main weak point in this theory, as I see it, is the idea that any country whose economy has tanked so badly then being able to fund the military hardware to mount an invasion on a richer neighbour.

With the current hegemony-supporting governments of the West, world war is very unlikely because the same interests have a hand in all sides. However, once their not-entirely-carefully maintained balance of slowly eroding personal liberties in favor of corporate rights (check out the new law in Italy that has made free speech illegal) backfires and triggers massive rebellions that topple their supporting regimes, extremists may find a new opportunity to seize power.

The political situation will at that point much more closely resemble the one in the 1920's. Quite likely the same masses responsible for the rebellions will be unable to take responsibility for their own affairs and form working societies, so they'll resort to look for strong, charismatic leaders to do it for them. The next generation of Hitlers will be foaming at the mouth, screaming their raison d'etre over the airwaves and sending anybody they don't like to the camps while threatening each other with wars of mass extermination.

If a WW III does indeed come it will NOT be:

• Like the cold-war M.A.D. doctrine predicted. If no major superpower used strategic nukes back then, it's a million times more unlikely that anyone will do so now*, especially since, in theory, all of the world, downto the most shitty african dictatorships or tiny island nations is now 100% capitalist, free-market, pro-US etc. (not that it did much good)
  • A static trench warfare between large conscripted armies of powerful sovereign nations or even empires like it was in WWI.
  • Not even a "total war", again between large conscript armies and involving the totality of major sovereight countries' economic and industrial resources.
*However, this still leaves a possibility open for the deployment of "small" tactical nukes, e.g. to destroy a whole settlement of insurgents. That will make the phosphorous bombing of Falluja look like child's play.

The lack of big conscript armies and a political unwillingness to bring it back, means that most "wars" from now on will be just like after the Vietnam war and like the "war on terror": small, dirty, local conflicts fought between coalitions of the willing like NATO, UN etc. and -usually much weaker- opposing forces (small countries like Iraq, Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Libya) and will have the labels of "peacekeeping", "world police", "liberation", "bringing democracy" etc.

Also, the soldiers involved in those wars are 100% professional volunteers, either part of a regular army or freelance contractors, and numerically and tactic-wise they are more akin to a strenghtened "world police" force than the human waves of conscripts used in WWI and WWI, or even Vietnam (the last major war the US fought with conscripts).

A major problem with these kinds of wars, is they cannot even be used as a tool to "end the recession" like WW II is often "credited" to have done, by sending half of the unemployed to the front, and occupying the rest in war jobs. But don't expect that nowadays ANY western nation will suddenly employ 1000000 people to polish shells, solder ships or press-stamp M16 or AK47 parts (well...maybe North Korea) like they did in WW II.

And sure as hell, almost NO modern government would like to suddenly have one million doublty-loyal, disgruntled, unemployed, recession-stricken citizens fully armed, and asked to go die for free in some foreign shithole. Renitence, draft dodging, objection and even violent mutiny would be almost immediate.

That's one of the reasons that modern warfare only throws sworn and trained professionals into actual combat (and some, like those controversial halliburton and blackwater mercs can earn 6-figure salaries by blasting off civilian heads just for kicks). Plus, it only generates income and jobs for some very high profile "defense industries" that produce high-tech stuff like assault helicopters, UAVs and C4I hardware, while leaving the rest of the economy of the producing country untouched. Actually, since most such weapon systems are imported, this causes a flight of capital to some foreign market (usually US, Germany, Russia and other important weapons manufacturers). It's not like in WW II when most of the involved nations were superpowers and had their own self-sufficient war industry.

DoomUK said:

That film is pure nightmare and/or depression fuel.

Fuck everything about that film. I watched at the end of Year 9 in my very last History lesson. :(

How soon? Certainly not in the next ten years. ;-)

I expect WWIII to be a conflict in two parts, with industrialized nations fighting to secure resources (an Antarctic land grab could be the tipping point) while poor nations will fight over mundane stuff like water and arable soil.

At this point, I don't think the world will face nuclear war. I think everyone realizes just how self-destructive that would be. The only country I could see trying to nuke anyone would be North Korea, and they wouldn't last very long if they tried.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of major governments collapsed in the next decade or two, though.

Danarchy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of major governments collapsed in the next decade or two, though.

The conditions are just about right to contest the values of the current global economical system (imagine living in a country that's immune to financial crises. Sounds great when advertised like this, right?), and to allow the next generations of Hitlers and Stalins to come forward.

The current situation doesn't even allow for a large-scale, traditional industry-boosting and unemployment-ending war to be waged: no more millions of conscripts to send away, no more mass-produced rifles for grunt combat or requirements to build LIberty ships.

Sending a few thousand ridiculously over-equipped, overblown security guards in "peacekeeping missions" is more of a liability than yields no positive economical results, except maybe helping Lockheed Martin or Dynamic Systems sell another tank or two and maybe a couple hundred bullet-proof vests. Even war has become a luxury.

I doubt there will ever be another world war in the conventional sense, purely because so called "terrorism" has proven itself more cost effective. Why waste an entire army and millions of <insertcurrencyhere> when a few well placed bombs can fuck things up on the cheap?

I wonder how sophisticated secret government war technology could be. Maybe they don't need standing armies if they have secret AI and nanobots etc already in existence (or ability to trigger large earthquakes and tsunamis? ha ha). That would require a conspiracy where the inventors don't tell anyone so maybe not likely.

Have u heard of stuxnet? A worm where multiple zero day exploits were sacrificed, sophisticated enough that people suspect it was made by a government. Targeted iran nuclear plant. So this type of thing might be a modern example of war.

Have you guys been following the 'occupy wall street' movement on youtube? That might be the trigger of the 'massive rebellions' quasar mentioned. Its apparently growing world wide. Some suspect things like this could be co-opted, for example as a manufactured "problem, reaction, solution". ie. they create riots on purpose as the problem then institute martial law as a 'solution' or the internet kill switch etc, kind of a public relations lie to make their action appear justified. But can they really manipulate a crowd to do their bidding? What, do they just approach random people and say "yo, if you work as a shill for the empire, I'll give you 5,000 dollars, but dooooon't tell anyone, ha ha ha! :D"

I guess there was somewhat recently a 'missile' dud off the us west coast. This guy thought it might be china warning and hinting at their capabilities. US claimed it was a plane or something. The root of all politics seems to be money/bankers like the rothschild family ("Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild", which is why bitcoin might be an interesting revolution since its apparently decentralized currency), and the usa apparently stole trillions from china in the form of debt they won't repay so might need war as a reset. I think china said war on pakistan will be interpreted as war against china, and the usa might want to trick the public into thinking china attacked first with a false flag or something.

I don't think there will ever be a world war 3 by name.

Anyways the world is, relatively speaking, pretty peaceful currently. I think we might be in a period of growth rather than violence for a while.

gggmork said:

Have you guys been following the 'occupy wall street' movement on youtube? That might be the trigger of the 'massive rebellions' quasar mentioned.

That movement is relatively tame by international standards (Libya, Egypt etc. obviously, but also compared to any decent-sized European movement, including Greek and Spanish Indignados).

Furthermore, it's policed/repressed much more brutally in relation to its actual threat and number of participants. Not really a good example after all.

Nah, the USA will just tear itself apart while the rest of the world sits back eating Chinese popcorn.
And when all the dust settles it will turn out that actually both sides were wrong.

superpowers are one of the most stupid things we've created. if they mess up they always mess up really bad.

also, all the other small countries dont need any superpower nation, at all.

gggmork said:

which is why bitcoin might be an interesting revolution since its apparently decentralized currency

Bitcoins are what you call a pyramid scheme, not an 'interesting revolution'.

World Championship Wrestling had several World War 3s.

Technically haven't we already had a 3rd World War, it was just never labeled World War 3..

maybe cus the area of destruction was not central enough or the west .. and that area wasnt big enough for the "important" people to call a world war 3

geo said:

Technically haven't we already had a 3rd World War, it was just never labeled World War 3..

D_GARG said:

maybe cus the area of destruction was not central enough or the west .. and that area wasnt big enough for the "important" people to call a world war 3

And what conflict or group of related conflicts since then have directly involved literally most of the nations in the world?

When you put it that way with most nations of the world... I guess most nations don't have armies or transports so by that definition you are correct.

Quast said:

And what conflict or group of related conflicts since then have directly involved literally most of the nations in the world?

How about the Cold War? Until the Soviet Union fell apart, most conflicts post-WWII had the US supporting one side and Russia or China (sometimes both) supporting the other in what was basically war by proxy. I think it's still possible to organize a global conflict though Europe won't be the flashpoint, in part because the former imperial powers no longer have hordes of colonial possessions and vassal states they can drag into a shooting war.