Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sharessa

/me is making a web site

I know this has been asked many times before, but I wasn't paying attention.

Where is the best place for free web hosting?

Originally posted by Lüt
Fuck him then thank him =)

Yes, afterall I'm the sex cauldron.

The BEST way is to start your own server. But if you don't have a fast connection or your isp doesn't allow it, there are a few options. SpaceTowns is a good 50 megs and the only real restriction is that you can't just use it for 'file storage'. FreeWebz is good but the name is gay, the terms of service are gay, and any file over a meg is served up at horrible rates. HostUltra has a promising deal but last time I tried to sign up I got errors. CrossWinds offers a lot of space at a few restrictions.

Take your pick.

Originally posted by the_Danarchist
I don't know weather to say 'Thank You' or 'Fuck You'.

The latter, please.

Liam: Gay this, gay that, everything is gay except for me!

So fucking what about the name and TOS? That's where I have my station at, no problems yet. I even uploaded a file that was over a meg, no problem.

Originally posted by Crendowing
So fucking what about the name and TOS? That's where I have my station at, no problems yet. I even uploaded a file that was over a meg, no problem.

Calm down there Fiery, I said they were good. The TOS are ridiculous though ("no spam"?). And you CAN upload a file over a meg, it's just that freewebz will serve it up at maybe a whopping 1.5 kb a second.

I wouldn't use them to build my actual website because of that, but I WOULD use them for filestorage, and I do.

I meant that the transfer was fast. What are they talking about spam for? I'll confess, I've never read the TOS.

Originally posted by Crendowing
I meant that the transfer was fast. What are they talking about spam for? I'll confess, I've never read the TOS.

AH! /me hides...

Stupid TOS...too many things to read at one time...

I even uploaded a file

I can't upload anything over the size of about 20k to FreeWebz...stupid slow 33.6k...

FreeWebz is good but the name is gay

Go here

If you want decent hosting without popups then you're going to either have to pay for it or host it yourself on your own server. Free hosting isn't really worth the trouble nowadays anyway.

Don't you get free space from your ISP? I know I do, something like 50mb or something w/o popups and the addresses tend to be better than geocities/this/that/theother or whatever.

(But I don't use mine anyway)

I'm lucky I don't have this problem /me thanks god for being hosted on dw, and thanks god for .tk

Originally posted by Jon
Don't you get free space from your ISP? I know I do, something like 50mb or something w/o popups

That reminds me, I think I get a whopping 2 or 3MB of space from AT&T.

You'd think a BROADBAND ISP would give way more space than a dialup ISP. That fucks logic up the ass and around the corner. Then again, so does everything ever associated with PCs.

be thankfull for those 2 or 3 mb since they're atleast free, I'd have to pay extra to have webspace for my site if I wanted to put it on my ISP's space.

Originally posted by orion
be thankfull for those 2 or 3 mb since they're atleast free

Well, they never told me how to log in to use them anyway :P

I could call but I'm not in such desperate need of 3MB of webspace that I want to wait an hour to find out how to use it.

I haven't even used my ISP's email account for like 5 months.

Originally posted by Lüt
I haven't even used my ISP's email account for like 5 months.

just about the same as me... I tried opening it up once, the spam crashed my pc. Maybe a DSL could handle it... I don't know.

I just forgot the login settings, that's all.

They changed when AT&T went down and changed their entire servers over, which means the addresses changed and basically mine is fresh and spam-free when I get it back up.

I just opened up my daily email acount and I got 16 spam emails and none from actual people I know.

Unfortunately, Freewebz doesn't allow mp3s on their server for some retarded reason, and half the reason I want a website is so I can put up my songs.