Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vaporizer

Windows Start -> Accesories -> Paint ... and some good ol' fashioned elbow grease.

You can make them yourself in SLADE 3 pretty quickly. Use the color remap tool.

Waterfall:
From SFALL: "112:127=96:111", "9:12=5:8"
From BFALL: "32:47=96:111", "184:189=5:8"
From WFALL: "241:245=5:8", "192:207=96:111"

(You need Plutonia for the latter.)

Use the same translation values for the flats of the corresponding colors.

But basically, the idea is to remap the green, red or blue range to a grey range. You don't have to perform a perfect 1-to-1 remap (you can remap all 256 colors to a single one if you want), so you can decrease the destination range to force it to be darker or lighter as desired.

Note that because the source images are a bit different in their color ranges, you won't get identical results depending on which one you use as a source. Feel free to try them all and see which one you prefer.

Vaporizer said:

I need black versions of the waterfall textures and black water flats. Where can I get these?

Why's it gotta be black, man? Why couldn't it be white, man? You some kinda bigot?

Vaporizer said:

I need black versions of the waterfall textures and black water flats. Where can I get these?

Try looking into the Hell Revealed II beta.
Alternatively, you'll find my recolored black waterfalls / flats in this wad ( ZDaemon 1on1 mapping competition ).

Crucified Dreams has some black liquids. Not sure about waterfalls though.

UACultrap had some black water/waterfall textures, if I remember correctly. And the new textures are all separated into their own WAD, so with the proper permission you wouldn't even have to do any work to use them.