Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Zero Punctuation reviews Bulletstorm.

'Course I post this here only because there are lots of neat Doom references, which you, my fine Doomworlders, will surely appreciate.

Enjoy.

kristus said:

Welcome to six months ago.

Sweet, DNF hasn't been released yet.

For some reason kristus' avatar always reminded me of a S.H.A.R.P.

Weird, I remember this review. And I agree, but still love the game for its fun bits. Word.

Every time Yahtzee not-so-subtly praises Painkiller, I grin a little inside. Only for real.

I used to enjoy Yahtzee's dry wit and agree with a lot of things he said. But these days he seem to only be looking to make jokes rather than actually making relevant jokes. But maybe I just think so because I find myself disagreeing with him more and more frequently.

Well he's on contract now to make these... I suppose it makes sense. Look what happened to AVGN during the time James Rolfe was under contract to pump out new episodes; even James himself has said he felt AVGN was not able to maintain a level of quality under the condition to make frequent episodes on deadlines.

That being said, I never got into Painkiller. it seemed so very... bland. Sure, the opposite of CoD/GoW style gameplay, but not in any good way.

He's been on contract pretty much since day one. I think he only made two videos before the escapist picked him up.

SeanWJF said:

The AVGN was never funny.

True dat.

chungy said:

That being said, I never got into Painkiller. it seemed so very... bland. Sure, the opposite of CoD/GoW style gameplay, but not in any good way.

Pretty much my sentiment on the game. No depth.

I liked Painkiller despite the lack of depth, that's pretty much why I enjoyed getting in there and shooting shit. I even fired it up once in a while when all of the levels were unlocked just to tear through my favorite ones for a bit of quick fun.

I'd even argue that the storyline detracted from the experience. :P

Vile said:

I'd even argue that the storyline detracted from the experience. :P

Who said anything about the storyline? The game play was bland, and lacked depth.

kristus said:

Who said anything about the storyline? The game play was bland, and lacked depth.

I agree.

Grain of Salt said:

I agree with disagreeing that the AVGN was ever funny. I disagree with disagreeing with that disagreement.

Thank you for breaking my brain

DuckReconMajor said:

AVGN sucks. ANN was hilarious.

Well, there's always the IG.

Observing our resident shit-posters argue about games they've never played is far more entertaining than either AVGN or ZP.

Megalyth said:

Observing our resident shit-posters argue about games they've never played is far more entertaining than either AVGN or ZP.

I agree.

SeanWJF said:

THIS GAME SUCKS ITS LIKE A SHITTY FUCKING DUCK SHITTING ALL OVER SHIT WHILE THAT SHIT TAKES DIARRHEA SHITS ALL OVER EVERY OTHER SHIT IN THE WORLD WHICH THEN VOMITS ON A HORSES ASS AND THEN THAT HORSES ASS SHITS ON YOUR MOUTH WHICH IS ALREADY FULL OF SHIT BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS COVERED IN SHIT BY THIS GAME EVER SINCE GOD SHIT OUT THE EARTH

THIS GAME IS SHIT AND POOP IS FUNNY

SeanWJF said:

I think he had his moments. I'll completely sgree that now his stuff is way overhyped, expletive-laden tripe and he thinks he's a goddamn rock star signing autographs and speaking at nerd conventions, but there are glimmers of humor in some of his mid-period stuff. Still, I couldn't fathom paying to own an AVGN DVD like some people apparently do.

I always found his film lists and reviews more interesting than anything else. They're nothing special, it feels like the only time he's being genuine as opposed to bitching about stilted controls, etc. How he came to be so popular, though, remains an elusive mystery to me.