Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacatou

Try my DOOM quiz (Heretic uploaded)

i got 91 out of 136 answers correct.

I drew a blank for most of Final Doom. I forgot a few E4 maps too. I got all of Doom 1 and 2 correct. I could have paused the timer to look at the doom wiki but I decided against that.

Wow, only 63. I didn't know I sucked so badly. I could hardly name any Final Doom levels.

I managed 105, surprisingly. Like 40oz, I powered through all of the Doom I and II map names but drew a complete blank on some of the Final Doom maps and e4. My mind kept wandering to The Merchant of Venice whenever I tried to remember names from that episode.

91 and to my surprise, had the worst score with Ultimate Doom 2nd episode. If given more time, I'd have almost everything except boss maps, about 120 I think. Can't spell Pharaoh :|

81 - couldn't remember most of final doom and a few e4 maps, also forgot refuelling base and the catacombs although in both case I could picture the maps, just couldn't recall their names

107... TNT killed me. I almost never play that wad. I also missed a couple of E4 maps (E4M8, E4M9, and one or two others). Oddly enough, I feel like I knew the names of the maps better before I started editing, as now everything is referred to in my head as Map18, E3M7, etc.

Interesting, there are 14 maps in Doom 2 starting with "The ..." while there are none like that in Doom 1.

refueling base nearly killed me. Notice the one 'l' in refueling.

I got it in the end. Got the gantlet right too, tho only because it had been previously discussed on these forums somewhere.

Got nearly all the Doom2 maps, about half of the Ultimate Doom, and *cough* not so many of the Final Doom iwads.

53 correct damn i should pay attention to the names of the levels

i got half of Doom 1 correct and didn't get much on Final doom even though it was the first doom game i got

yellowmadness54 said:

Well, no, I missed the gauntlet, even though I typed it in, it said it was wrong.

Officially it's called The Gantlet. Some people (myself included) call it The Gauntlet, but the quiz may not recognize that as such.

Don't forget that the words "gantlet" and "gauntlet" mean 2 entirely different things.

Anyways, I tried the quiz, but I dislike timers of any kind when answering questions, so it was hard for me to concentrate properly on the questions. I could remember a large portion of Doom 2, but almost nothing of everything else save for E1.

Heh, 131. The Final Doom IWADS gave me some trouble, but I did better than I thought, considering.

For the record, I missed Processing Area, The Omen, The Temple of Darkness, The Sewers, and The Gateway of Hell. Interestingly, I was able to visualize all of them in my head ('cept for Sewers, since it feels so out of place in the wad) but just couldn't spit out the names.

For some reason this quiz has prompted me to play through Plutonia again. :P

got 49. I blame all of you. I used to refer to levels by their names but you guys made me start remembering the mission/map number instead. Also I've never played though either Final Doom so I got like 3 from Evilution and none from Plutonia.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

I got it in the end. Got the gantlet right too, tho only because it had been previously discussed on these forums somewhere.

I remember I was upset when that guy who was making mini versions of the Doom 2 levels renamed Gantlet "the thimble". Sure, I guess the id guys could have been stupid and misspelled "Gauntlet" but the real definition

gant·let1    [gant-lit, gawnt-] Show IPA
noun
Railroads . a track construction used in narrow places, in which two parallel tracks converge so that their inner rails cross, run parallel, and diverge again, thus allowing a train to remain on its own track at all times.

seems much more feasible.

I usually refer to maps by number instead of name, so after Hanger and Entryway it starts to get a little hazy. Does that make me a bad person?

108 correct for me! I forget about the doom episodes name! I got most maps name memorized, but when I play sometimes I forget the name, until I play the game 1 map by 1 map. And quite a number of maps I forget the spelling!

I'm not even gonna try; I never really even paid much attention to the map names. I actually know the music track names better, to be entirely honest.

GreyGhost said:

I usually refer to maps by number instead of name, so after Hanger and Entryway it starts to get a little hazy. Does that make me a bad person?

Not at all. I only got like 46, and that's only because I'm in the middle of doing a DOOM 2 megawad, which caused me to unconsciously memorize every DOOM 2 map name.

I always thought that the E4 names were quite awesome.

Apparently, though, remembering more than "Fear", "Perfect Hatred", "And Hell Followed", and "Hell Beneath" is really hard.

DuckReconMajor said:

I remember I was upset when that guy who was making mini versions of the Doom 2 levels renamed Gantlet "the thimble". Sure, I guess the id guys could have been stupid and misspelled "Gauntlet" but the real definitionseems much more feasible.

That was me! Like others it I initially mis-read it and then thought it was an Americanism to drop the 'u' in Guantlet - like in Armour or Colour. By the time I realised it was a different word I'd already fallen in love with the idea of using the name the Thimble to describe a minture version of MAP03. I just hoped nobody would notice :-)

I never did finish that mapset so if I did I could always change the map name... but I won't :-P