Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Katamori 1024: The Lost Era

Although I abandoned the idea of a brand new megaWAD, I'd like to share the remaining finished levels from my WAD. Hope you enjoy these small levels.

Not a perfect work, but I hope you enjoy these maps more than the 11 other ones.

Download: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16601

VIDEO WALKTHROUGH

SCREENSHOTS

Disaster Area

Evacuate Zone

The Ancient Base

Hell's Military

Looks very nice!Will definitely try it when I have my own computer (which blew up last week).
EDIT:Do these maps support pistol starts?Because I sure hope they do...

Done using a personally modified BrutalDoom 0.13 test 1. I am uploading 2-4 but I did die on MAP04.

killer2: I've never tried them with pistol start.

Memfis: I'm the lamest mapper in the history, when I have to place ammo, health & monsters. That's all.

Mr. Chris: thanks, but it's the new K1024 relase thread, not the episode 1! However, thanks!

Ok,you clearly have potential,and the detail level is really good...however,that's about it.Oh yeah,and you had some pretty clever secrets.
Now on with the bad stuff:
-the secret in the 3rd map with the plasma rifle is really dumb,and you can't figure it out in any way;
-map15 has a lot of unreachable secrets that don't contain ANYTHING;
-unintuitive weapon and monster placements,either making the maps too easy or very frustrating;
-very unintuitive use of blocking lines.Next time,just make the places you don't want the player to visit be caved in or something.
It's good for a first effort,but you clearly need to improve.Also,maps are doable from pistol start.

killer2 said:

It's good for a first effort,but you clearly need to improve.Also,maps are doable from pistol start.

In real, this is my third relased WAD on /idgames, but originally it was the part of a whole megaWAD with the K1024 episode 1.