Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

32in24-11 - It's done! Download inside

Torm-off? I feel like this wasn't entirely for waste, then. heh

(the actual map is here, and I don't remember what port it requires offhand. I may have made it a zdoom-hexen format map without thinking)

I'd just like to let you know that the only reason I ran around in that map so much was because of the FABULOUS music.

Totally getting on this shit in an hour or so :P

I'll aim for a map, see how long it takes and go from there.

40oz: Damn! Cool stuff there -- although there's clearly an SSG in an E1 map. Blasphemy!

Also, it's interesting how not annoying at all that particular song is without the ear-raping vocals over it. Then again, now that pop music has shifted away from hip-hop into dance-ish stuff, I'm sure I'd actually find most of it somewhat listenable if given similar "devox" treatment.

I'm discussing pop music in a 32in24 thread. I need sleep. D:

Hahaha, there should totally be a rule that the music has to be a new pop song.

Definitely going to pop out a map for this one too :D

40oz:
your first map looks really cool. it has interesting "rich" layout (height differences, the central pit, etc) and it's still spacious and easy to navigate. the weapon placement makes it homogenous without one or two dominant heatzones, that's good when shooting for greenwar-like gameplay. two issues:
- no weapons on spawns retards the action a little and oversimplifies spawnrape. i won't even bother shooting at the spawn destination itself (there's a risk i will time that wrong), i will wait for the opponent to make his desperate move for the ssg nearby or whatever. i'd say just move the spawns/weapons so they overlap. if you don't want to hand out ssg's, place some sg's under the spawns. pistol spawns are more of a 1on1 thing.
- the central pit is asking for an item straight in the middle to fight over. you probably still want to keep homogenity, so nothing too powerful, but a soulsphere could work. or even a green armor.

your second map does exactly what you intended. shareware ffa has its own fans and i'm sure they'd like this despite the impure ssgs, hah. i can't give you many useful hints though, dm in the sprawling bases of e1 is not my thing.

essel:
cool looking map. the central RL is overrated though. the open arena design means you need mouselook to start even thinking about using it. i'd put a RL or two somewhere on the base floor and...
a) put a BA or even a megasphere in the central spot if you want a homogenous gw-like ssg grind.
b) go wild and throw a BFG on a (high?) lift there. that'd focus the map around a central gimmick and speed up gameplay by a ton. it may sound cheap, but in the end, people love this slaughter.

donut:
the design can definitely work at around 8 players. a few ideas though:
- the lifts are rather slow. it's okay with the central one, but the lower one is rather unpleasant when you happen to be down there. this spot i'm aiming at could use a crate or a crack in the wall that'd allow climbing to the middle floor by jumping from the elev stairs. or something.
- get rid of blocking hanging bodies. not really an idea, really do it.
- the plasma area: how about moving the plasma to the edge so it's risky to grab it, like you do with the RL? the spawn itself could have a chaingun instead perhaps.
- the map could easily house a soulsphere in a heat spot. it'd focus gameplay on it and RL/plasma would be more important (control that spot/spam at it for easy frags).

42:
mmm, not much to say. :) the layout is definitely legit, then you went for a low profile weapon placement. 1 ssg per map seems to be a growing trend recently and it works, adds a 1on1-ish feeling to the map. it leaves me to wonder how it'd play if it was full of ssg's and one bfg, because the layout doesn't dictate flow/placement in just one direction. the vibe i get from this setup is "what if TGH speedmapped uroburos," hehe.
oh, when i tested in zdaemon, i never spawned in the "boxed" holes... and i'd say it was for the better. they don't look very comfortable and there are enough spawns even without them. might as well just remove them and nothing will change. also i feel like the map would survive a plasma placed on the opposing side from the RL.

I made a map but to be honest it's not very good, so I'll make another one. I'm still submitting this one though.

Name: This Map is Shit
Music: The Great Mighty Poo, Conker's Bad Fur Day

Note that it's on mapslot 12 because I wanted to see what it would be like with the starry sky.

]Download

<Sigvatr> hey
<Sigvatr> guys
<Sigvatr> i'm banned from DW
<Sigvatr> but can someone please post my map and a message
<Sigvatr> http://www.braindamage.vg/doom/32in24_sigvatr.rar
<Sigvatr> Name: American Gladiator
<Sigvatr> Message: I tried to find the American Gladiator theme in MIDI format but was unable to. I think a good substitute for it would be some ballsy wrestling music, like the Stone Cold Steve Austin Theme.
<Sigvatr> can anyone do that for me
<Sigvatr> also check out my map

Just to prove that I have been hard at work here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/RAGgb.png

Name: Going Viral
Plays on: MAP17
Music: GoldenEye64 James Bond Theme MIDI by Jonathan Berney
Hours in production: 5
Download: Not just yet :P

Some rooms are quite bare, whilst other areas are as good as I'd ever want them. I'm working on thing placement ATM and will save any further detailing/visual work until turd-polishing time. I'll be back in an hour or so with the first submission I reckon.

Ralphis said:

PROTIP: A very dark deathmatch map is often left in the dark on maplists.

Was that directed at me? If so I'll boost the overall light level