Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter Heinemann

Hi, I am back :)

Hello guys,
I have been abroad for some weeks, but as you know: The best things are forever, ahem...

Wow, the new design is eye candy - good job, mighty Ling!

Question:
Whenever I try to perform a search by user name, I am confronted with this message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

How does searching works? Is it not implemented yet?

Hmm, the question is whether we can trust him to be the REAL Peter Heinemann.
After all, it IS April 1.

j/k

Wilkommen zurück Peter :-)

Originally posted by dsm
Hmm, the question is whether we can trust him to be the REAL Peter Heinemann.
After all, it IS April 1.

j/k

Wilkommen zurück Peter :-)

mahaahaa, ask me any question about Apple... :)

ahem, I could post my password here as proof, but would that be what the real Peter Heinemann would do? Hmmm...
:)

Nah, I believe you, but just for the sake of asking the question: When did the first Mac become available? ;-)

I have been abroad for some weeks

Dude you're in Germany you're always abroad :)[except to fellow Germans of course] :)

Originally posted by dsm
Nah, I believe you, but just for the sake of asking the question: When did the first Mac become available? ;-)

1984, that was the Mac 128k (128kb ram, no hard drive).

http://www.apple-history.com/128k.html

Some months later in 1984, the last machine from the pre Macintosh era was released: The Apple IIc. That was a very cute machine, a kind of semi-portable, it was light weight, but had a modular design.

http://www.apple-history.com/aIIc.html

That was a really nice machine.

But, of course, the "Lisa" came out in 1983 one year before the first "Macintosh" and it had a similar gui than the first Mac, plus internal harddrive. But the Lisa was expensive...

http://www.apple-history.com/lisa.html

Forgotten this: The Apple II is called the first machine in personal computer history that was expandable by add-on cards like we use today.

http://www.apple-history.com/aII.html

The Lisa also had, quite possibly, the most buggy interface known to GUI programming, short of Windows version 2. Good God, I'm glad I never had to use that.

DC

Originally posted by Peter Heinemann
1984, that was the Mac 128k (128kb ram, no hard drive

OMG, that's as old as I am!

could look nicer, but yeah, their designs are alweys impressive for their time, makes you wish all pc's looked like that.

Originally posted by Lament
I want to drive the new beetle and i want the new imac too

want a skirt for your b-day too?

Originally posted by orion

want a skirt for your b-day too?

I don't get it, what's so especially feminine about either the beetle or the new iMac?

It's not a feminine issue, in my mind, it's a functionality issue. The new imac, like the old one, is just too limited. Just to add RAM, you had to take the whole damn computer apart. If I enjoyed doing a transmission overhaul every time I changed the oil in my car, I might consider something like the imac.

DC

Originally posted by Lament
I don't get it, what's so especially feminine about either the beetle or the new iMac?

I'm sorry but when I see a guy driving a new beetle I automaticly think of him as a pussy. As for imac's, they're just too cutsie, there's a cool design and there's a girly design, that design is girly.

EDIT: nm I noticed you said the new iMac, I thought you meant those little ones we have in school that came out in what? 98? They sicken me. I'm still thinking with that the new beetles are for girls and pussies.

I'm sorry but when I see a guy driving a new beetle I automaticly think of him as a pussy. As for imac's, they're just too cutsie, there's a cool design and there's a girly design, that design is girly.

EDIT: nm I noticed you said the new iMac, I thought you meant those little ones we have in school that came out in what? 98? They sicken me. I'm still thinking with that the new beetles are for girls and pussies.

the new imac

It looks like you are being overly defensive about your sexuality, which is a direct sign of inconfidence in it :)

Hey Peter.

I still haven't powered up my G3 to see what the specs are :P

As for search, I guess it's limited to mods/admins because it works fine for me.

Recent Macs have been making for awesome bathroom furniture. You can take off the monitors of two iMacs, one old (toilet) and another new (mirror). The G3 is a good bench to have a kid sit on so he can wash his teeth.

Sorry, i agree with orion, blokes don't look right driving the New Beetle.

I know too many girls who drive them to make it viable.

Real men drive ragtops, namely Caterham Sevens. Yum.

Or is it just that the advertisements and the media influence you too much, by creating the image of a "Real man" who drives ragtops?

Christ...you're going to hate a computer just because of how it LOOKS?

Speaking of Macs, I haven't noticed any real problems software-wise, but when we tried to upgrade the old PowerMac's processor (we all own IBMs now), it was a bitch tyring to get the damn thing off.

makes you wish all pc's looked like that.

Yeah I spend most of my day watching my PC case. :P