Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoneeLlama

Pure Hatred (Sp map)

This is a vanilla-compatible map, inspired by Episode 4 of UDoom, but it's for Doom 2.
This map is really the same I made for purist's birthday (but that's only indicated by two little things), only I made some changes here and there, added all 4 player starts and difficulty levels
Screenshots:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?4080sms0ja2h5ox

Criticisms, bug reports and demos are welcome.

I haven't had any time to play that map yet but I've been looking forward to it. The screens look nice.

EDIT: Squeezed in a short play tonight. I enjoyed it except for the rev towers. It's a pet peeve of mine having to slowy kill monsters on ledges. I played reasonably conservetively the first time but died shortly after the blue door. In my subsequent runs I couldn't be bothered with the rev towers again so I tried and failed to speedrun it. Nice map. I'm still hoping to finish your map for October.wad before the end of the month but I'm dry on creativity right now.

I really loved playing this map. It's one of those that definitely has the oldschool look and feel and is very challenging but not so much that it's more frustrating than fun. Great job!

Thanks for the feedbacks guys!

DoomHero85 said:

Awesome little map. I hate revenant towers. The final fight gave me an "oh fuck" moment. Always good.

Glad to hear that. I tried to make it challenging whitout going overboad.

Memfis said:

Very nice work, excellent classic design. :)
I have FDA for the first version (purist.wad) - http://www.mediafire.com/?71sqrbf5vbnaf3o

Thanks! Would you mind doing an FDA to the newer version (or anyone else)? :D

purist said:

Squeezed in a short play tonight. I enjoyed it except for the rev towers. It's a pet peeve of mine having to slowy kill monsters on ledges. I played reasonably conservetively the first time but died shortly after the blue door. In my subsequent runs I couldn't be bothered with the rev towers again so I tried and failed to speedrun it. Nice map. I'm still hoping to finish your map for October.wad before the end of the month but I'm dry on creativity right now.

It's okay. Let me know if you could finish the map (and if you find the "easter egg").

chubz said:

I really loved playing this map. It's one of those that definitely has the oldschool look and feel and is very challenging but not so much that it's more frustrating than fun. Great job!

Thank you! That's what I aimed for.

Also, did anybody found all 3 secrets? Just wondering, because the third one is tricky to find.