Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

good Halloween-ish WADs?

On youtube, I like making gameplay videos for up coming holidays. For Halloween itself, I plan on uploading some blood gameplay. But I'd also like to do some WADs.

What WADs in particular are good for Halloween? I mean scary, fall feeling, ambient, etc?

Threshold of Pain FTW. Amazing stuff, even if a couple of the maps were too long. Perfectly captures the brooding menace of PSX Doom, and the transition from our dimension to Hell in one of the maps was a real shock, as I'd never seen that done before.

Will try the other maps out. Cheers Fullmetal.

Hm, I sorta wanna make a Halloween TC sorta WAD now...like replacing sprites and making new levels, using new textures and PSX sound FX...

Taking the cliche route

Ghouls Forest.

Primeval - if you want to start a fear-themed megawad and you need contributors, I'll sign up. 32 fear-themed maps might be a bit much, and the logistics of organising a full megawad are a nightmare, so why not release a few series of 3-4 maps? I'm sure people would contribute.

Also, Unloved FTW - if you haven't played this map, play it NOW. The sound of chainsaws will change you forever ;)

Happy Time Circus 2 - Most atmospheric wad I've ever played. From the almost completely silent village, with its surrealistic blinking clown-dimension rifts, wide variety of interesting enemies, and interesting arsenal of weapons, this is the best horror Doom mod I've ever played.

MajorRawne said:

Primeval - if you want to start a fear-themed megawad and you need contributors, I'll sign up. 32 fear-themed maps might be a bit much, and the logistics of organising a full megawad are a nightmare, so why not release a few series of 3-4 maps? I'm sure people would contribute.

lol I don't think I'll go that far. I can't lead such a project.