Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C30N9

The Mort - A Doom64Ex Episode

I'm working on a map pack for Doom64Ex.

If anyone wants to help, say so. (mapping, music, etc...)

Maps done: 4/6 + 1

MAP01: Heat Center 1 2 (C30N9)
MAP02: Error 1 2 (C30N9)
MAP03: TechFear (jdagnet)
MAP04: ? (Kore) WIP
MAP05: ? (Dragonsbrethern)
MAP06: Whispers of Fear 1 2 (C30N9)
MAP07: Finite (C30N9)
-------
MAPXX: Blind Killer 1 2 (C30N9)

Hey, these look great!

I really wish I could help and I would if I had more than 1 hour free time a day on average. Sorry :S Keep up the good work, though.

On a side note, I remember in a previous topic you showed screenshots of a third map you were making. Is that included in this episode? (though I may be mixing Footman and you up :P)

J-selva said:

Hey, these look great!

I really wish I could help and I would if I had more than 1 hour free time a day on average. Sorry :S Keep up the good work, though.

On a side note, I remember in a previous topic you showed screenshots of a third map you were making. Is that included in this episode? (though I may be mixing Footman and you up :P)

Thanks.

You can help, it isn't necessary to complete a map in 2 days. You can spend like a week on one. Right now I'm out of ideas, so slow mapping is the result.

And yes, the one you're talking about is footman. :)

Have you tried posting over at the Doom64 EX forum itself? Maybe there are lurkers there who would lend a hand. :)

The D64EX forums may be of help, yeah. But there's currently a spam problem and navigating topics, for one, may be difficult. Your account may also be accidentally deleted during spam cleanup.

Thanks Doomsfall.

On a second thought, I'll remove Blind Killer from the list, since it looks bare compared to the other maps. Kore may get it.

Doomsfall said:

Nice, I also loved the Void's style.

Indeed, was definitely a unique style to say the least.
Looking forward to the release, can always have more D64 maps :P

C30N9 said:

Thanks Doomsfall.

On a second thought, I'll remove Blind Killer from the list, since it looks bare compared to the other maps. Kore may get it.

Will we still be able to try out Blind Killer separately? I think it still looks interesting enough and would like to try it ou :)

buttspit said:

Will we still be able to try out Blind Killer separately? I think it still looks interesting enough and would like to try it ou :)

I've put a link but it didn't seem to work, and didn't have time. I've sent you ;).

Thanks _bruce_. :)

I'm putting Blind Killer back in, because I've fell into a Mapper's Block :P, and I'm not ready for making another map.

C30N9 said:

Thanks _bruce_. :)

I'm putting Blind Killer back in, because I've fell into a Mapper's Block :P, and I'm not ready for making another map.

So, I will make map05, but I'd like to know what weapons have you put in your maps.

I'm making a map right now but its a computer type map and I noticed map 03 was a Hell type map so I can't send you it but its looking good so far, keep it up.

Kore said:

So, I will make map05, but I'd like to know what weapons have you put in your maps.

The "Void" map will contain a series of fighting, so it would feature from Shotgun-Rocket Launcher weapons.

In Blind Killer, weapons go from the Chainsaw to Plasma gun, but the plasma gun is optional by obtaining an additional key, with no ammo.

Others still didn't finish thing placement.

jdagenet said:
I'm making a map right now but its a computer type map and I noticed map 03 was a Hell type map so I can't send you it but its looking good so far, keep it up.

No problem! The list will grow to 7 maps. Just post some screenshots and let us see.

MAP07 would be the "boss" map.

I finished Whispers of Fear's layout and monsters. Now thing placement is left for the 3 maps. Lastly, I'll be working on the "boss map", and hoping from Kore to hurry up, please note that the map doesn't need to be detailed much, all I need is a good map with a good length, about 8 minutes is great. jdagenet, I opened one more slot, post pictures about your map. Also, the list above isn't the last yet.

BTW, here are screenshots:
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x476/C30N9/DOOM642011-11-0322-08-17-69.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x476/C30N9/DOOM642011-11-0322-09-56-81.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x476/C30N9/DOOM642011-11-0322-11-24-40.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x476/C30N9/DOOM642011-11-0322-15-02-10.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x476/C30N9/DOOM642011-11-0322-15-39-67.jpg

Hope you like!

Don't worry, it's almost finished.

The only problem I have now, is I don't know where to create the exit.

Done thing placement in all finished maps. Also, I removed Blind Killer, again. Since there are enough maps for this now.

Keep it up Kore! ;)

Sorry, I haven't been working on the map as often as I used too so its taking awhile to complete, if you want to just kick me out of the project then do so, I totally understand.

jdagenet said:

Sorry, I haven't been working on the map as often as I used too so its taking awhile to complete, if you want to just kick me out of the project then do so, I totally understand.

Of course not. I didn't mean that, I just got bored and wondered what's going on.

I understand you were busy. Will you take so much time to complete?

C30N9 said:

Of course not. I didn't mean that, I just got bored and wondered what's going on.

I understand you were busy. Will you take so much time to complete?

I won't take a LONG time but I'll crack down and start working hard on it and I need to post some screenshots, I'll have to do that sometime.

I dont see the need to rush imo, not like theres a deadline or anything.
Sometimes it's better for some products to take longer than others as well, increase map quality and such.
The best episodes usually take months to complete (Hell ground for example took at least 2 months)

vinnie245 said:

I dont see the need to rush imo, not like theres a deadline or anything.
Sometimes it's better for some products to take longer than others as well, increase map quality and such.
The best episodes usually take months to complete (Hell ground for example took at least 2 months)

Yeah, except I'm not working on my maps. :P

But I should invite testers.

I'll test, and hopefully I'll have a map to contribute at some point. Sorry that I never responded to your PM; I put it aside at the time and completely forgot about it until I checked my messages for another reason today.