Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hekksy

Odamex Saturday Nitro #11 - 32in24-11 ALPHA DM

This week, the Odamex Nitro staff has teamed up with YEDS to do something special. This Saturday, we're testing the alpha version of 32in24-11, a wad composed of maps made in 24 hours. These maps are made by mappers new and old, skilled and unskilled, from various parts of the DOOM community. We are using this Nitro to not only play the maps, but to test them as well. The following Sunday the team will improve the maps for us to play next week. Thanks Shaikoten for giving us this opportunity! You will need the latest version of Odamex to join us, which you can always find at Odamex.net.

WAD: 32in24-11_alpha (version number pending)
Maps: 45 (1-45)
Mode: 16 Player DM, 64 player slots
Server: CoffeeNet
Date: Saturday, October 29th @ 8pm EDT

TONIGHT... YOU.

there's also a zdaemon session on 32in24-10 planned for tonight, so this looks like a thematic evening.

I think I will have to make this my last week as the 1am starts are killing my sleeping patterns. You think you can have one late night without upsetting the rest of the week, but nooo...

This is gonna start at 2:00am for me, although that's bang-on the time when the clocks go back. x(

I will be there, though. Looking forward to it. :D

Yikes, first I miss the 32in24 beta revision deadline, and now I'm not going to make the Nitro either. My apologies in advance if anyone has to play through my halfassed map. :P

Hopefully I can sneak in a few hours on Sunday to implement dew's suggestions at least.

SERVERS ARE UP

66.170.3.2:107398 and 10740

You require odamex 0.5.5 and 32in24-11_beta.wad to play this.

Shit, I really really want to make this, but it just doesn't look like it's happening. :(

Bucket said:

Thirty minutes, bitches.

yeah dude can't wait to play your map.

OH WAIT

It seems 66.170.3.2:10740 is still up and running, for any of you experiencing 999 pings in the other server.

Bucket said:

It seems 66.170.3.2:10740 is still up and running, for any of you experiencing 999 pings in the other server.

ya. the odamex one crashed. so for those wondering where to go now, back to 66.170.3.2:10739 (not 40)

I'd like to apologize for all the issues today, I'm genuinely embarrassed despite none of it being my fault! Hopefully this does not deter you from playing future games of Odamex, it was just not a great time to release a new version unfortunately.

i feel so bad for the guys who came in hyped to playtest their maps... and got swallowed in a whirlwind of disconnects, lags and version flipping. :/
it was fun while it lasted though. a bit more stacked than it should've (20+ players on maps sized for 8, haha), but fun nonetheless.

Too late, now my girlfriend is downloading something. I'm not going to be able to play over my 768k DSL (which is usually more like 76.8k).

even with the server problems i still had a ton of fun. it was pretty crazy when we had ~23 players on a map (rooneytech was so chaotic). died down to around 8 once we got to the new server but ended up still being a lot of fun.

the only real problem i had with a lot of the maps was weapon placement. sg spawns worked well in some of the maps but in others it was too easy to grab a plasma and mow everyone down before they could get to an ssg or anything more powerful. mek's first two maps seemed like this a lot. every map with ssg spawns felt like a breath of fresh air though.

Thanks for the games! I had a lot of fun playing everyone's maps and finding things to fix in mine.

Heh, I caught some crazy gameplay footage I might put up later. Damn cramped (but fun) at first, though I had a blast through all of it. Great job, everyone -- this is quite possibly both the best 32in24 and Nitro yet. :)

thanks for the demo ed. if anyone else recorded i would love to see it. i would really really love to do this again sometime. i hope odamex gets a dedicated server running this.

I've managed to duel Mionic Donunt, 40oz, and RezPony intermittenly in the last couple of hours... Will be lurking for a little longer should anyone care to join.

Open the console, type 'netplay "<insert file name.odd>"'. It's a little dodgy to run these some times (keeps crashing on me), but a combination starting up Odamex from the command line then using netplay seems to work for me.