Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Mr. Ideas Guy [Halloween WAD]

While it's far too late now, this idea just barely popped up in my head.

Basically, a WAD is made that allows a special kind of multi-player game to be held. An extremely large, completely interconnected and completely open-ended map is designed, with no weapons or ammo of any kind, and it is rather dark. Up to eight players will spawn at random points in the map, and they will start with fists. These players aren't alone, however. One monster from Ghouls' Forest 2 (possibly Sjasface?) is spawned in a completely random area in the map as well.

The idea is that these players will wander the map, and one of them will accidentally stumble upon this monster, awakening it (naturally, getting killed by it), and thus allowing it to roam freely through the map. The round lasts 20 minutes, each of the player's lives are timed. Players can re-spawn of course, but at the end of the 20 minutes, the player that who survived the longest in any of his lives, wins.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Hey, it's an idea. It wouldn't be too difficult to make, and it might be popular on Skulltag for a while.

Personally I'd prefer Ghoul's forest 2 with LMS though, shit was great back when it was hosted.

Creaphis said:

So if every player just sits at their original spawn point, the game ends in an 8-way tie?

What about something like if all the players don't move from their starting point within fifteen seconds, the monster is automatically awakened?

Marnetmar said:

What about something like if all the players don't move from their starting point within fifteen seconds, the monster is automatically awakened?

Okay, so then you just tap the move button every 10 seconds. :)

I don't know why anyone would just sit there instead of playing. Personally doesn't sound fun to me, but if camping is what people do online, then I guess it's not for me.

PRIMEVAL said:

I don't know why anyone would just sit there instead of playing. Personally doesn't sound fun to me, but if camping is what people do online, then I guess it's not for me.

There's exactly that kind of people online. People that just enjoy ruining other peoples online experience. I myself think this could be very fun, given that everyone playing was playing for enjoyment.