Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MACVILE_WHORE

Interesting...just take a look

Hmm, I thought the Doom monsters were copyrighted. How can Gen Arena use them when the Reborn people weren't allowed to finish their mod?

I'd sooner play Doom with UT over Q3A, because, ya know, UT doesn't suck.

Sure, it'll look pretty, and I don't doubt their ability to make it feel like Doom, but it's just one of those things that I take great pride in mocking. =)

Originally posted by dsm
Hmm, I thought the Doom monsters were copyrighted. How can Gen Arena use them when the Reborn people weren't allowed to finish their mod?

I was thinking the same thing, maybe iD didn't get to contacting them about it yet. I think it looks pretty cool, so I hope they don't though

I tend to take anything I hear on April 1st with a grain of sand. I'm a spoilsport, I know. :|

Originally posted by deadnail
Sure, it'll look pretty, and I don't doubt their ability to make it feel like Doom, but it's just one of those things that I take great pride in mocking. =)

Let it go, it's boring already ;)

I liked Generations for Quake 2 and if the same people are making this one it should be good

Originally posted by deadnail
I'd sooner play Doom with UT over Q3A, because, ya know, UT doesn't suck.

Quake III doesn't suck

sorta kinda, it does.and their coming out with quake 4 pretty soon.

Originally posted by pritch
I think that 'arachnotron' looks pretty retarded.

then make a better one and send it in.

I think that 'arachnotron' looks pretty retarded.

They took some artistic liberties for Reborn and still couldn't evade the executioner's blade.

When I was in their chatroom the said the asked ID for permission to do it first, and thye said yes, so they won't get foxed, they make sure of these things.

Originally posted by orion

then make a better one and send it in.

Unlike many, I actually like the original Arachnotron, it had a metallic quality I appreciated, especially when it died :)

So I shall send that in ;)

Originally posted by dsm

Maybe because Reborn was ass and Generations Arena isn't. I see that some of Reborn's models have made it into Arena now. I'm sure it's all very ironic.

Unlike many, I actually like the original Arachnotron, it had a metallic quality I appreciated, especially when it died :)

So I shall send that in ;)

if they wanted sprites I'm sure they would have just taken them from the game, but they want models.

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta
Quake III doesn't suck

You forgot the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags, didn't you? ;)

Crendowing said:

You forgot the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags, didn't you? ;)

Nope. I like it. Don't ask me why. I like UT as well.

Quake 3 is complete and total ass. The only FPS I can think of that's worse than Quake 3 is Half Life.

(IMO)

kain said:

yes depate. also, i would also like to *bump*

THE NEXT MOTHERFUCKER TO GO *BUMP* WILL SUFFER SEVERE TRAUMA TO THE HEAD!

you do realize by saying that you are just ensuring that event to happen, most likely right after this post.