• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
læmænt

Right mouse button for moving forvard?

Right mouse button for moving forward?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Right mouse button for moving forward?

• Rules
    • Sucks - i use keyboard for that
    • I'm a long-haired communist fascist hippie newdoom keyboarder

It rules. Not only for doom, but for newer FPS as well.

I also prefer WASD, and use the RMB for alt-fire. My first really "modern" FPS was Half-Life, and I learned how to use the WASD config thru the Hazard Course, and it stuck.

I was playing Heretic using ZDoom the other day, and I got to thinking that you could make a Heretic port with alt-fire built in. Left-clicking would fire the basic shot, and right-clicking would fire a Tomed-up shot. The Tomes of Power, rather than being usable items, would add power needed to use the alt-fire. Thoughts?

KEYBOARDING IS THE ONLY WAY!

ALL MOUSE USERS REPENT! REPENT AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED!

AHAHahAHHAHAHAHAHAha MOUSE = FORWARD HAH AHHAHAHAH

That's only useful when you don't want people to use your comp on LAN parties. They'll just retire from your place completely confused and/or repulsed.

Yeah but what's the point of having a finger performing an effort (minimal but continual) all the time over the mouse? It kinda tires me, not to mention my aim gets crappier.

It's like what happens after you play 10 consecutive hours of Diablo, your finger is so wasted you can't even bend it.

I was wondering if you could use a five-button mouse to do everything. Think about it:

Left button = Fire
Right button = Forward
Double-right = Open
Center button = Back
Browser-back = Left strafe
Browser-forward = Right strafe
Mousewheel = Change weapons

I should try this. Unfortunately, my new mouse has the browser-back and browser-forward buttons both on the left side. On my old mouse the browser-forward button was on the right side, but that mouse broke.

I oughta test this setup later.

bawahahaha, right mouse for forwards sucks!! LOLOLOLOL!!111

I know some people who use it though and they seem to do fine with it. But imo WASD, ESDF or something similar is the way to go.

Originally posted by Archvile64
KEYBOARDING IS THE ONLY WAY!

ALL MOUSE USERS REPENT! REPENT AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED!

Actually, I just repented to mouse/keyboard combo.....

Bah I don't like them. You don't get that "it's rolling" feedback. It's like moving an useless piece of plastic. It just doesn't feel right.

EDSF in my opinion, cuz' my finger isn't long enough to reach to key 7 with WSAD :D

Erik: Yeah, I've read VincentC. and some others' profiles and they do use mouse to move forward/backward according to their information.

Here's my own set up.

A=foward
Z=Back
Shift=jump
Mouse = look up/down turn left/right
Msbutton1 = shoot
MsButton2 = strafe

I used to use the keyboard only, but after using the mouse/keyboard combo, there's no turning back. And yes, I can't get my friends to agree, but optical mouses do suck large amounts of ass.

Well I'm content enough just being the best 56k keyboarder out there :P