Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deathz0r

Fun with regedit.exe

Warning: Skeptics stay away from this.

Anyway, Duker900 had posted in #unidoom that you can change the resolution to whatever you desire with the regedit.exe. So, I opened up regedit, went to the following section:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Config\0001\Display\Settings (might differ on different Windows OSes, I use WinME)

The last thing in the list is Resolution, which shows (on my comp, anyway) 1024,768 (replace those numbers with your current res). I tried the following which were successful:

If you wanna try the smaller resolutions, I recommend setting the sizes on anything to as small as possible.

240x180 and 360x240 had some weird problems, where it'd show the desktop multiple times (3 with 240x180 and 2 with 360x240) and have some garbage at the bottom. If I had a webcam or a digital cam, I'd show you what I mean. 720x480 had this problem where part of the left side was shown reversed, overlapping the part next to it (with translucency).

If anyone has any resolutions they want me to try out, tell me.

Originally posted by Linguica
4x3!

jesus christ, i'm not trying that.

i'm tempted to do 160x120, though...

Originally posted by Linguica
4x3!

I should do that to my roomoff's comp, heh...

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta

Same fucking thing :)

No, thats 272 pixels less. 272 pixels went into a depression because you failed to mention them. Many of them commited suicide and died. ARE YOU HAPPY!?!

Originally posted by the_Danarchist
No, thats 272 pixels less. 272 pixels went into a depression because you failed to mention them. Many of them commited suicide and died. ARE YOU HAPPY!?!

Yes! Very...I tried playing this plane game in 160x120 once...never again though.