Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vortex Lord

Can`t replace the pistol right.

I replaced the SuperShotgun with Triple Shotty!
Also I need to replace the pistol with SuperShotgun I named it in the decorate "Pistol2 : Pistol Replaces Pistol" but still when I start GZDoom to test my mod original pistol is still my starting weapon and ZDoom Wiki says that pistol definition they have is from Skulltag.
Please help!

Unless I'm mistaken, simply replacing the original pistol with "Pistol2" here won't have any effect on the player's starting inventory, because the player's initial loadout is based on a bunch of actor properties that don't account for DECORATE replacements. The "replaces" keyword in this situation only affects instances of the pistol that appear as a pickup within the map, while the player's default pistol is given to them without taking replacements into consideration, again, based on how the weapon slots are assigned.

You have a few options on how you want to assign the new starting weapon instead, which you can see on this page, but creating a custom player class to specify the desired starting weapon(s) is what I'd do in your case.

Hope this helps. :)