Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

LuLu - Metallica and Lou Reed Make a Babby.

Vordakk said:

Hetfield isn't much of a singer at all; his forte is guitar(one of the fastest downpickers) but he took vocal duties in the band as well, probably because no one else would. His range is barely an octave from what I can tell. The fact that he's rated in some magazine lists as one of the top 100 metal vocalists of all time is absolute garbage, and owes everything to the popularity of Metallica and nothing to his vocal talent.

He is a table. Your argument is invalid.

This is making my ears cry. Generic hard rock riffs, uninspired drumming, thin production, incredibly asinine lyrics, lethargic vocals...this is a fucking audio trainwreck.

What the hell is going in this thread. Seriously. What.

Oh, Lou Reed. Up to your old "trolling the music world" shenanigans again, are you?

Alright, here's my final input:

That was a surprisingly fun way to waste an hour.

Metallica plays mostly Metallica thrash, Lou Reed plays mostly Lou Reed rock ’n’ roll, and both of them, unite, play what they want, they can play r’n’b (not rhythm ’n’ blues) or grindcore, I won’t blame them but will buy only the second one.

Vordakk said:

Hetfield isn't much of a singer at all; his forte is guitar(one of the fastest downpickers) but he took vocal duties in the band as well, probably because no one else would. His range is barely an octave from what I can tell. The fact that he's rated in some magazine lists as one of the top 100 metal vocalists of all time is absolute garbage, and owes everything to the popularity of Metallica and nothing to his vocal talent.

I hear you man. Although the mainstream metal media magazines are really shitty anyway, I can't read Metal Hammer without throwing it against the wall after I'm done. All they ever do is spew false biased bullshit and use lists as another form of advertising and rely on the fact that the reader base don't know any bands outside of the big names who've all passed their expiry dates by now or upcoming bands composed of 40 year olds who dress up in their mom's stockings and spend too much of their time taking kissy face photos of themselves and not enough time writing music. For every "talented" guitarist that is mentioned on any Metalhammer list there are atleast 20 lesser known guitarists that will blow him out the water.

And the fact that shit bag darrel was voted top guitarist of all time for a while was also a joke. His rhythm guitaring is some of the most flat, uninspired, monotone, unimaginative, and boring garbage I've ever heard in my life. Not to mention that he ripped off riffs from better guitarists, and Pantera is basically just a slower and dumbed down tough guy version of Exhorder.

I also remember a series of magazines rating Slayer - "Reign in Blood" as the fastest thrash album of the 80's when there were clearly bands who tore that album into shreds in terms of insanity and speed, Repulsion "Horrified" for instance. ;) But ofcourse this rating was done on the basis that most people hardly know about the 80's.

For the record Metallica's "Kill em All" is a killer thrash album.

Vaporizer said:

Lou Reed is the man. Loutallica should make Lulu 2 and piss off the Metallica fanboys even more. They will probably suicide.

I don't get Metallica fanboys. They say that only the first four albums are good and still think Metallica is the best band ever. They also say that Hetfield is the best singer ever, Kirk is the best guitarist ever, Lars is the best drummer ever and Cliff is the best fucking musician ever who would have said no to Loutallica. Funny thing is that Cliff was a fan of Lou. They can't come up with reasons why Metallica is the best band ever, just that first four albums were masterpieces and rest sucks (but still deserve 10/10 rating).

Doom Dude said:

Zuh? It's on Kill 'Em All.

Music: Mustaine
Lyrics: Hetfield / Ulrich

Hmmmm

FWIW I like Kill em all except for the Sweet Home Alabama knock off in The Four Horsemen (?!?) and that most of the lyrics sound retarded to anyone over the age of 17. I guess that counts for most metal anyway. So whatever.

Metallica is one of those bands I grew out of once I discovered all the other speed/thrash metal out there. After hearing Rigor Mortis, Slayer, Exodus, Overkill, Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, pretty much any other decent thrash, Metallica sounded so weak and un-heavy in comparison that I couldn't go back.

DuckReconMajor said:

the one in the op was pretentious and silly but but oh god this

PUMPING BLOOD
PUMPING BLOOD
PUMPING BLOOD
PUMPING BLOOD
PUMPING BLOOD
PUMPING BLOOD
PUMPING BLOOD
PUMPING BLOOD
PUMPING BLOOD
PUMPING BLOOD

Also looks like this album's doing pretty good on metacritic.
Oh and I think it might be worth mentioning that all the users on there who gave it a good score have only rated one thing since they registered. Guess what that one thing is

GoatLord said:

This is making my ears cry. Generic hard rock riffs, uninspired drumming, thin production, incredibly asinine lyrics, lethargic vocals...this is a fucking audio trainwreck.

Indeed, it's like a death rattle, nightmarish I tell you :(

Never heard of Lou Reed before but I never want to hear him again.

How the fuck can that be considered singing.

(The tracks themselves are rather underwhelming, too. This is one album I'll be avoiding.)

Jimmy91 said:

Yeah, he's only been in the rock industry for forty-five or so years.

Technician said:

Yeah, he's only been in the rock industry for forty-five or so years.

I had never heard of him either, nor had I heard Velvet Underground. I went and read about him and apparently he's considered pretty influential. I'm not gonna shit-talk him, as what he does may well be quite good, but from what I've heard on youtube it isn't my style. But let's not forget that some people don't pay attention to "the rock industry", and shouldn't be judged for it.

Jimmy91 said:

Too bad.

On another note, I'd like to put forward a vote to replace rutabaga salad in PH with PUMPING BLOOD.

DuckReconMajor said:

I need to listen to more White Light/White Heat.

It's probably one of my favorite albums.The title track and Lady Godiva are two of my favorite jam songs.

Listening to this album again, I can see where people can see the diamond in the shit, but Lou's brand of avant garde does not work well with Metallica's brand of metal at all. Lou's vocal style almost makes this sound like a parody more than a serious album.

If he wanted to make a "ballsy", heavy album, I wish he would have stuck to neo-progressive groups like Infected Mushroom or something similar to the work he's done for Gorillaz.

GooberMan said:

On another note, I'd like to put forward a vote to replace rutabaga salad in PH with PUMPING BLOOD.

Also throwing in my love for VU, but let's be honest, the first two albums owe a lot to John Cale as well. That said I love their dirty, grating noise epics, especially Sister Ray.

Jimmy91 said:

You might try Metal machine music.