Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ultimate Demon

This is really confuzing :(

Well everyone knows that the enemies are Demons from Hell but then why does it say in DOOM ( maybe it was in DOOM2 ) that it was an Alien invasion! So are they demons or are they aliens?

Originally posted by Ultimate Demon
Well everyone knows that the enemies are Demons from Hell but then why does it say in DOOM ( maybe it was in DOOM2 ) that it was an Alien invasion! So are they demons or are they aliens?

The people at id just threw the storyline together, I guess.

They are demons not aliens DEMONS! DEMOS FROM HELL!!!
Why? here's my theory:

1)the pentagrams, unholy alters, and sacrficed corps scattered about the place

2)the fact the e3 maps are named after places supposedly from hell (house of pain, Dis, sloth of despair, Pandemonium)

3)the ending text for e2 states "Demos floats above hell itself!"

4)In early doom Betas, when doom still had score, they had power ups such as "Unholy bibles, Demonic daggers, satanic staff"

5) mega amour, soul spears, invunerbilty, ect are referred to as "unholy artifacts in the manual"

6) being invaded by the unholy forces of hell is 666 times cooler then being invaded by aliens.

the resion that they are referd to as aliens at one point in Doom ][, is because they are 'alien' to this demenion.

In evilution the demons assaulted with a spaceship, and in Icarus the demons lived in a nearby solar system.

?

The people at id just threw the storyline together, I guess.

Blatantly. But whenever I bring up the mention of aliens in doom2, people go on about them being 'illegal aliens, like, alien to earth...' bullshit ;)

Actually the people I saw driving through Weston-Super-Mare yesterday looked a lot like the Doom demons, so for my money they come from run-down English seaside villages :)

Originally posted by Ct_red_pants
They are demons not aliens DEMONS! DEMOS FROM HELL!!!
Why? here's my theory:

1)the pentagrams, unholy alters, and sacrficed corps scattered about the place

2)the fact the e3 maps are named after places supposedly from hell (house of pain, Dis, sloth of despair, Pandemonium)

3)the ending text for e2 states "Demos floats above hell itself!"

4)In early doom Betas, when doom still had score, they had power ups such as "Unholy bibles, Demonic daggers, satanic staff"

5) mega amour, soul spears, invunerbilty, ect are referred to as "unholy artifacts in the manual"

6) being invaded by the unholy forces of hell is 666 times cooler then being invaded by aliens.

the resion that they are referd to as aliens at one point in Doom ][, is because they are 'alien' to this demenion.

SOMEONE SEES THE LIGHT!!!
And I don't give a damn what it says in ANY of the Final Doom stories - Final Doom's not an official id Doom game and therefore I don't take it serious when I discuss elements in Doom.

Originally posted by dsm

SOMEONE SEES THE LIGHT!!!
And I don't give a damn what it says in ANY of the Final Doom stories - Final Doom's not an official id Doom game and therefore I don't take it serious when I discuss elements in Doom.

Who made Final Doom?

Originally posted by Ultimate Demon
Who made Final Doom?

TeamTNT did the TNT:Evilution episode. Two drunks with level editors did Plutonia. Of course, the "stories" were likely just thrown together by whomever wrote the manual at Activision, so you can't really take them seriously.

I love Final Doom. The only thing IMO that hurts it is Plutonia. It's fucking hard.
Evilution is awesome, however.

Originally posted by DooMBoy
I love Final Doom. The only thing IMO that hurts it is Plutonia. It's fucking hard.
Evilution is awesome, however.

Hmm strange, I find that it's the other way round - Evilution is friggin' hard (but Plutonia has awful level design).

Originally posted by Zro
In evilution the demons assaulted with a spaceship, and in Icarus the demons lived in a nearby solar system.

?

You might want to keep in mind that neither Icarus nor TNT had anything to do with Id Software, they were just megawads with whatever stories their authors (Team TNT, as it happens to be for both of those megawads) put together.

My view is that they are only called "Demons from hell" because the Doomguy has never seen them before, and pictures them and their type of architecture as what he would find in hell. But that's just me and my "must have logical reasoning for everything" attitude.

Originally posted by dsm

Hmm strange, I find that it's the other way round - Evilution is friggin' hard (but Plutonia has awful level design).

You're retarded, Evilution isn't hard at all :P

Evilution is better, IMO, because the level design was more realistic, and by now most of you know that I am a realism freak :P

if you want real go outside. I will only play games if they're fun, I don't consider not being able to run fast, or have to take rests fun.

Originally posted by orion
if you want real go outside. I will only play games if they're fun, I don't consider not being able to run fast, or have to take rests fun.

AFAIK he wasn't talking about THAT kind of realism, only realistic lookin' levels so stop bitchin'...please.

Originally posted by orion

I didn't mean that kind of realism. Only the ability to know where I am when I play a game.

BACK TO THE DISCUSSSION....hey, perhaps we know now why the guys in their underwear who wrote the *coughshittycough* DOOM novels made reference to the "freds" and the (heh) "newbies".

Originally posted by dsm

AFAIK he wasn't talking about THAT kind of realism, only realistic lookin' levels so stop bitchin'...please.

/me rips off the moose antlers from your head and nails them back on just for the heck of it.