Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

Are you buying MW3?

Mr. Freeze said:

I'll rent it from my buddy, but I'm not buying it.

He charges you for borrowing a game that he's bored of anyway? Some buddy.

DoomUK said:

He charges you for borrowing a game that he's bored of anyway? Some buddy.

Mr. Freeze is known for -among other things- voting for candidates he does not support and not voting for those he supports, and not finding anything wrong, incongruous or fallacious with that stance. So you'd just be wasting your time arguing ;-)

Nope, my video game purchases for this month are already laid out - Uncharted 3 and Skyrim. I have huge expectations for U3, and Skyrim seems more focused than its predecessor.

I remember buying Oblivion for PS3 and being put off by the creepy character models and lack of direction. I think I wandered far into the woods, came to a small cottage and murdered an old man, then wandered some more and came upon a portal to a tortured dimension. I was wondering what the hell this all had to do with the story, so I put it down and sold it a few months later.

If one of my friends decides to buy the game, I'll mooch it off of them, because sometimes I do genuinely have fun with the multiplayer. However, I have much better ways to be spending my money.

Hell's Vendetta said:

Could care less about it.

You could? That's a relief.

I preordered and got it (regular edition 360) yesterday. I have no intention of paying for Elite though. Gamertag is same as username.

I guess I still enjoy it because I didn't start with the CoD online stuff until MW2, so I haven't gotten bored of it yet.

pritch said:

Nerds tend to frown upon it.

Yeah. My computer science buddies are all playing Bastardfield or waiting for Shitrim.

pritch said:

we both need to renew live gold that's £30

I used to buy a year of gold at a time, but I realized I only use about 3 months of it so I bought a 3 month card. Especially with the stupid Gold price hike that came with Kinect.

Captain Red said:

I really do wonder why they bother attaching a single player to this series at all. The Modern Warfare franchise surly is well enough established as a muiltiplayer experience. I read a little while ago that something like %35 of players never even start the single player campaign. That's %35 percent of player never seeing the scripted nonsense that art assets that game designers, artists, animators, voice actors, writers and QA spent a lot of time, energy and, lets face it: money getting made

I ran through the Black ops campaign real quick a couple months after I got it. I might play the MW3 campaign just to see what happens after the MW2 campaign.

Use3D said:

Fuuuuuuuuck yeah, I've been waiting for this all year! Call of Duty releases are the highlight of my life!

*high five*

Me and my friends are playing BF3 and are planning to play in Ladders etc. But CoD isn't even on the radar. For one thing it's a console FPS and for the second, it's locked at some 60-70 FOV. Third, I never played a CoD game other than a mediocre Demo for CoD 4. And I don't intend to start now.

In the camp of having played MW2 and Black Ops, but not really hyped for this. The one friend I play CoD with will be lost in Skyrim for who knows how long.

My brother buys every game, and I borrow them for four hours to play the single player. I'm part way through the campaign at this point; I have no interest in its multiplayer.

I went to Blockbuster (once a week) and all Modern Warfare 3s are rented out... and there was half an isle of X-Box360 version. Dickheads were picking a fight with our lovely clerks. He was saying they need to open the sale copies and rent them out... wtf?

Eventually the 3 polite clerks dealing with him weren't getting anywhere, so I jumped in and said just buy it and play it. His exact words were, "what? I aint ever gonna pay money for no game!" He stormed out. Then we all laughed at him.

I can make boring level design myself in doom builder for free.

Bucket said:

I think I wandered far into the woods, came to a small cottage and murdered an old man, then wandered some more and came upon a portal to a tortured dimension. I was wondering what the hell this all had to do with the story

haha. Easily the most apt summation of oblivion I've ever read.

I won't be. I enjoy black ops and have become fairly good at it [still nothing compared to the top sadists there]. However, because I'm happy with it and because I don't play it often enough anyway there is no reason to shell out £35 for what I see as an update that slightly changes gameplay and improves graphics. If anything I'll go for BFBC3, but not for a while - only had BFBC2 for a few months and should play it more!

[P.S. Hi Mr Fellow Brit, long time no see, amigo!]

Not bothering since I already own at least 4 cod games(cod 2, cod 4, WaW and Black Ops). Besides Blacks Ops coop Zombies is just too much fun and CoD4's multiplayer is actually more fun than Black Ops.

I got a hardened edition free, so I get a free year of elite. I can say i'm glad I didn't have to pay for elite --not worth it--

I must say, the survival spec ops is pretty good fun. Like it as much as zombies.

I will not be buying it. As I can't handle the online communities that play the new games.

The only way I can even stand playing most of the newer fps are co-op at my friends house.

anyways I still have many better games to finish.