Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

In order from easiest to hardest, list each DOOM game.

From all of the doom games before DOOM3 (or include that, if you wish), list each of the games in order from what you find to be easiest to the hardest.

For me
_______

Doom 2
Ultimate Doom
TNT evilution
Plutonia
DOOM64

Technician said:

Doom 64 was difficult, but are you judging it on the console, or on your PC?

Console version. I never beat it, I got stuck somewhere quite a long time ago before my N64 broke.

Episode 4's first two levels are harder than anything in any Doom IWAD ever so Ultimate Doom would be the winner because of this. Easiest is subjective, but I didn't really think D64 was too hard (played Absolution TC and EX) considering the (some) beefed up weapons and the lack of chaingunners, Revenants and Archviles. TNT is harder than Doom II and Plutonia is more difficult than TNT, but just about everyone knows that by now.

Only thing D64 makes hard are Pain Elementals and Lost Souls, the latter are chaingun-fodder whereas the primary deserve a BFG blast to their ugly mug.

Doom
Doom 2
TNT
Plutonia

I don't want to judge D64 as I've only played it on the computer, and the mouse / keyboard sorta gives me a better handle on things.

DOOM
DOOM 2
TNT
PLUTONIA

I don't consider DOOM 64 to be a real DOOM game. Just doesn't have that DOOM feel to it in my opinion.

(only listing the doom games i have)

Master Levels For Doom II
Heretic (episodes I, II & III, since i don't have IV V & VI.)
Doom II
Ultimate Doom
Final Doom: TNT: Evilution
Hac X
Final Doom: The Plutonia Experiment
Doom 64
Hexen & Strife (never completed and complicated puzzles)
Doom 3

you all forgot Doom 3 & The Master Levels, shame on you.

Edit: Forgot Hac X, the medieval games & Strife.

Wait, I thought there was a generally accepted objective answer for this question. :P

Really, though, I find these sorts of "list a bunch of things in order" threads to be among the least interesting things on the 'net. Although those hard-start codes are a neat find...

Doom
Doom2
TNT
Plutonia

Haven't played doom 64 yet.

Xaser said:

Really, though, I find these sorts of "list a bunch of things in order" threads to be among the least interesting things on the 'net. Although those hard-start codes are a neat find...

Hopefully some troll will spice things up by starting a flame war out of this. :P

Doom - It is a joke on UV, except E3M2.
Doom 2
Doom 64 (on EX)
Ultimate Doom episode
TNT
Plutonia

Gez said:

There's no episode 6.

Maybe the 3 ep6 maps are officially meant for DM (they have monsters and can be played in singleplayer, just no exit on E6M3), but it is an 'episode 6'.

E6M3 in SOTR is E4M1 in the original Heretic. Wheter you consider one extra map, an 'episode' is open to debate though.

Vermil said:

Maybe the 3 ep6 maps are officially meant for DM (they have monsters and can be played in singleplayer, just no exit on E6M3), but it is an 'episode 6'.

I would tend to disagree. 3 maps hardly constitute an "episode". There is no "end of episode text." Plus, they aren't even selectable from the menu; you have to use the warp command to get to them. And the quality isn't very good compared to the rest of Heretic. So no, no Episode 6.

Here's my list of some progressively difficult wads. Even though today I find them all very, very easy on UV (if playing casually, not speedy).

1) Original Doom (with 3 episodes);
2) Ultimate Doom;
3) Doom2 (due to MAP29, which is a bit harder than E4's levels);
4) TNT Evilution;
5) Memento Mori;
6) Plutonia Experiment (due to MAP32);
7) Requiem (due to MAP24);
8) Memento Mori II (due to MAP28);
9) Hell Revealed;
10) Scythe (due to MAP30);
11) Hell Revealed II;
12) Sunder.

Doom
Doom 2
Master Levels (maybe its so difficult because I haven't played them 100 times)
Doom 64
Scythe
Scythe 2
Doom 3 (maybe its because its a totally different system)

Fun Doom64EX fact: if you want a real challenge, set the sv_damagescale or sv_healthscale cvars to some higher value other than 1 and also enable fast monsters.

SAV88 said:

Here's my list of some progressively difficult wads. Even though today I find them all very, very easy on UV

You think Sunder is "very, very easy on UV"? Then, what the hell is hard for you?

Processingcontrol said:

You think Sunder is "very, very easy on UV"? Then, what the hell is hard for you?

For example, finishing MM2 MAP28 with 100% kills/secrets in under 10 minutes (here is a demo) was hard for me. Took me 90-100 hours of trying.

GreyGhost said:

Chex Quest
Doom
Doom II
TNT
Plutonia

If CQ is so easy, let's see your E2M8 demo. ;)