Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

um ok??

yes another hardware question. my monitor keeps makeing crackling nosies and it flickers. what can cause this. now it dont do it all the time, just every once and a while. however it is scary, i dont need a dead monitor. could it be an electricle surge

It's his monitor ya dipstick, it's only connected to his computer by 1 cable, sheesh your expenses must be high? modem dies, BBG buys a new computer, desk gets scratched? BBG buys a new computer, mouse mat is ferked?, BBG buys a new computer, wow

Uhm, my monitor used to do that once. After a bit it literally fried itself. I could even see sparks and smell the melting plastic. I suggest getting a new monitor before your house burns down.

Heh, that reminds me of when this computer monitor at school caught on fire. That was interesting =)

electrical surge? Possibly, but if uour monitor starts to spark and smoke, you might have to consider the possibility of an electyronical failure.

Hmm, this reminds me of a time at school a few months ago.I was working on a computer, typing up an essay king Louis XIV, and I been working on it for three weeks straight, it was also part of some big project.Then the crapintosh computer froze on me and I suddenly lost it and pushed the monitor off the desk and it smashed onto the floor.
I quickly fixed her up,the stupid frame came off almost and I heard a rattle.Heh, luckily no one knew it was me and it still works.But it makes this ratteling noise and the smell of electrical smoke.

Originally posted by Archvile64
Heh, that reminds me of when this computer monitor at school caught on fire. That was interesting =)

I remeber an evil trick I did at my old school. It was for a diskette bomb, it burns the fucking computer. I got the recipe from the Anarchist cookbook. Booyaka!

Originally posted by Archvile64

Heh, that reminds me of when my hand caught on fire. That was painful =[

well it happened, my monitor died after one giant zzzzt... no sparks or smoke. i am guessing the tube fried. all the other internal parts were ok. except the tube and the part connected to the emitter. now i am useing this shity 14 inch. what a shame it was only 2 and it was a damn good monitor. oh well guess i will get a nice ass LCD

Sephiroth:
I hope you never consider a job working as hardware technician for some company. You seem to have extremely bad luck when it comes to computers :P

pritch said:

You were on fire?

That could explain the mental oddness :P

shit, everyone spills lighter fluid all over their arm and then decides to burn it away instead of wiping it off once in a while. I'm still a normal 15 year old (16 in 2 days!!!!)

orion said:

shit, everyone spills lighter fluid all over their arm and then decides to burn it away instead of wiping it off once in a while. I'm still a normal 15 year old (16 in 2 days!!!!)

/me imagines orion driving down the road with his car on fire...

orion said:

Heh, I set my hand on fire once...ow...

orion said:

I once had a book of matches go up in my hand for no percievable reason. Looks like god wants me to stop smoking.

can't say that i've burned my hand for no reason, i have set fire to my hair on several occasions. Nothing burns quite like hair.

skadoomer said:

Nothing burns quite like hair.

Blech! Burning hair is definetely on the top ten list of worst smells.

Assmaster said:

Blech! Burning hair is definetely on the top ten list of worst smells.

My guess is you have never smelled burning flesh...

I've never set myself on fire before. i've burned myself with a fork that sat too long near an open flame, tho. Had this funny stripe burned onto my hand for weeks.

"Set yourself on fire, the world will pay to watch you burn."

(I guess that means your medical bills will be covered :-> )

"In accordance with the Utah Clean-Air Act, there is no smoking permitted within the Huntsman Arena. if you desire to smoke, light yourself on fire."
"If it should become necessary to evacuate the arena, run like hell."
~ Announcements at the University of Utah basketball arena.

Did you try opening it up and blowing the dust out with some duster? Just a thought, sometimes the solution is simpler than you would think.