Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Evolution

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #15 - Deus Vult

No doubt Vampire_Knight has picked this with a twisted grin on his face. Not for the faint-hearted: we play through four mega-huge and ultra-hard maps that give a brief taste of infested tech-base before submitting our heroes to the depths of Dante's Inferno. Just to prevent the brutal overkill here: You can enjoy a second chance each map with an extra life; and -fast/2x pain options are on standby till after the first rotation. For those who don't know what to expect, you're in for a big surprise. Just know that it's also great fun to spectate other marines as well as play.

• Skill: Ultra Violence
  • PWADs: dv
  • Maps: 01-04
  • Lives: 2
  • Players: 50
  • Servers: [L@P] & [DUI] NJ
  • When: 20:00 GMT Euro session / 20:00 EST US session
Make sure you're there to witness the crusade. There's even more chaos albeit in a very different fashion guaranteed before this event as Wednesday Night Flags plays host to a highly entertaining 4-way CTF on the go - 4 teams of 7 players max, and plenty of spectator slots. Great wad with a finely picked maplist for a nicer rotation. Just grab the latest ZDaemon client and join the fun.

I likely won't make the Euro session since I'll be having Thanksgiving dinner at a relative's house. Hopefully I can make it to the US session.

Sorry to those who've gotten used to my dying. You'll probably have to live without it for the Euro session this week :P.

eternal slumber said:

So does dv not lag anymore on ZDaemon or what.

The new (1.09) ZDaemon release should run it flawlessly. We could run map05 online but 3000 monsters, arch-viles, a spitter, and 30 players = A lot of CPU stress on the servers; they may not be powerful enough to cope. I'd imagine it wouldn't so smooth on a lot of player's computers too - not a risk worth taking, though not a smart choice to include an all-in-one map either - imagine dieing early on and having to wait over an hour to play again. :)

Right on, that's cool to hear. Did ZDaemon increase the segs limit to 65k recently? (map05 has more than 32k)

There are a few other maps I'm interested in comparing how smooth they run on 1.09 compared to back in 2008 on Supergod's beefy servers, but I don't have internet at home. :/

Sign in to follow this