Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

If you're old school and you know it clap your hands

Now that I've "removed" postcounts from threads, the new all-important indicator of leetness or lack thereof will have to revert to registration date. Some of you people have been around longer than your reg date would indicate, so here's a chance to get it fixed!

Find the oldest post you've made on the DW forums, be it under your current name or a previous name. Almost all of the Blazeboard posts were converted to vB, and the BoardMaster posts are available here to look through. Offer good until I get tired of it!!!

Shouldn't "leetness" be judged by the quality of your posts and not the date of registration (says the desperate newbie)?
Eh... what do I know....

Begin flaming ...now

Assmaster said:

Houldn't "leetness" be judged by the quality of your posts and not the date of registration (says the deperate newbie)?

In a perfect world maybe, but this place is far from perfect and oldschoolers / forum regulars need something to hold over newbies besides calling them lamers.

Linguica said:

In a perfect world maybe, but this place is far from perfect and oldschoolers / forum regulars need something to hold over newbies besides calling them lamers.

Exactly. ^_^

August 29th 2000, apparently. I know I was here before that cause I used to read instead of posting but what the hell.

NiGHTMARE said:

[a href="http://www.doomworld.com/forums/general/messages/611.shtml"]This[/a href] is the oldest post of mine that I could find.

Wrong World.

Damn it. Just when I was starting to get the hang of posting just to increase my postcount.

DC

Heh, just realised that next month I'll have been a member of the community for six years :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Heh, just realised that next month I'll have been a member of the community for six years :)

Heh, I forgot when I first got involved anyway :P

A little while after the DoomNation forums opened I guess.

Was that definitely the first forum? I think the first posts have long since flooded off. I was in the top 10 for registers I think, god I can't remember...

Like lut and Ebola I've been around since the doomnation forums which makes me more old school than most (but not quite mordeth/nb)

Or Ling. Both he and Mord have been around longer than me, but I'm not sure which of them has been around the longest :)

Anyway, maybe I'll stop spamming this thread now.

I think Mordeth's sig is or was "co-founder of Doomworld" so I suspect around the same time as Linguica :)
[edit]

Gaston Lahaut
Co-Founder Doomworld

[/edit]

Well, my postcount never really mattered to me anyway. But you should keep Lüt's postcount show, just because it's so damn high.

Now for the important question! How will we know when we can use custom avatars?

Heh. I remember my account being deleted a few times so I decided to give it a look.

I found my first post on this page here. I guess that'll squeeze in some more time on my scale of school or shoes or whatever the hell this is all about. =)

Fod, even I have been around considerably longer than Doomworld :)

FuncE and the Mordeth site (which at the time kind of served as a general news site ;) ) were both around when I first got on the 'net.

NiGHTMARE said:

Cool - A year ago 5 years of NiGHTMARE threw out a few goodies, anything planned for 6 years?

There almost definitely won't be any levels, as the only ones I have that are anywhere near finished are for various projects.

I might release something though, it depends on how busy I get with university stuff.

Zaldron said:

Exactly. ^_^

August 29th 2000, apparently. I know I was here before that cause I used to read instead of posting but what the hell.

heh, I've been reg longer than you...wierd...*shrugs, goes off to find a old thread*

First idiotic post: http://www.doomworld.com/forums/doom3/messages/10771.shtml

Speaking of the past and looking back in the past of what I first wrote, I feel so stupid and different from I see nowadays about Doom3. And even unfortunately, I remember my parents were going to boot my comp right at the moment while I was typing the messages up. So I had to make it hurry and create this such a nonsense topic. No offense to those old guys who I have argued with in the first couple weeks when I came along. Besides, I never had any knowledges about PC games, Doom is my very first pc game I started playing and will also be the only game I will play for the eternity. Now I learn a lot more about Doom. :)