Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Jesus Christ... Again? (VT Shooting)

Yup. My sister works on campus and they pretty much locked down everything. Even the place where my mom works (outside of the campus but still in town) was locked down. Both of them came home early today, so I was a little confused as to what was going until until I saw the local news today.

I'm pretty sure VT is turning into some sort of magnet for crazy psychopaths +_+

Reading some of the comments posted in that article makes my head spin.

Mechadon said:

Yup. My sister works on campus and they pretty much locked down everything. Even the place where my mom works (outside of the campus but still in town) was locked down. Both of them came home early today, so I was a little confused as to what was going until until I saw the local news today.

I'm glad no members of your family were the victim.

yellowmadness54 said:

Why is it always VT?

Let's make a Doom DM map out of it and find out.

WildWeasel said:

I give it two weeks before the news agencies figure out that he played Halo.

Maybe they'll run Lady Gaga out of town.

Darkman 4 said:

If you ask me, Doom was the reason why he did what he did.

I second that but wish to add that it was DOOM and Heavy Metal music with bands such as Marilyn Manson and Cannibal Corpse glorifying violence and death. Also in the video game Doom you go through levels and kill people to gain points, and the more of these points a player had the more grizzly murders can be committed... "Violence is they're reward."

Stroggos said:

I second that but wish to add that it was DOOM and Heavy Metal music with bands such as Marilyn Manson and Cannibal Corpse glorifying violence and death. Also in the video game Doom you go through levels and kill people to gain points, and the more of these points a player had the more grizzly murders can be committed... "Violence is they're reward."

You also forgot the absence of prayer from schools, perpetrated by evil atheist liberals.

yellowmadness54 said:

Why is it always VT?

I can't figure out if your comment is dumber than Sodaholic's or not. Two random shootings does not make a statistically significant pattern. The circumstances are different enough to reasonably rule out any kind of copycat motive.

GreyGhost said:

More recent news reports seem to suggest the second body is the gunman's.

The temptation of making a joke about having a 1:1 kill/death ratio was enough to mention, but I won't cross the line.

I'm always amazed to hear about these school shootings, as they seem to explode up out of nowhere before explanations are amde as to why people suddenly started dying. The lock-down reaction here seems to have helped avoid a much larger disaster though, which at least shows that the reaction policy in place has promise.

Aliotroph? said:

I can't figure out if your comment is dumber than Sodaholic's or not. Two random shootings does not make a statistically significant pattern. The circumstances are different enough to reasonably rule out any kind of copycat motive.

Maybe all he meant was not one but two tragic incidents of this nature have now occurred in the same college. No one should have to witness this kind of horror, let alone the same kind of horror in same place twice within the space of a few years.

I go to school with the mother of a friend who goes there. She says he is okay.

Actually, in the first shooting, the valedictorian from my high school two years before I graduated overslept and missed a class that was targeted.

When I was on collegeboard searching for colleges I put in search criteria and VT was like the only one that fit everything. If I wasn't such a lazy asshole I would have gone there and still be there today. From what I can tell it is a great school.

I guess it'd be worth making a mental note at this point never to apply to Virginia Tech

Technician said:

You also forgot the absence of prayer from schools, perpetrated by evil atheist liberals.

And unwed teenage mothers.

So let me get this straight...

A man not affiliated with VT.... Shoots a cop in his car on VT campus and.... FOX News had a jerkbag on there blaming the bogeyman of the week for this a few days ago?

HA

Stroggos said:

Ooh, and this. I'd avoid entering any addresses (particularly schools and universities), you'll probably end up on a government agency watchlist, heh.

Thread's leaner now. Looks like something got helled.

Anyway, who's the killer? I've skimmed over articles and none mention his name. I'd like to know his background.

GreyGhost said:

Cute, but there's one small snag...

Didn't think it would last very long somehow, heh.