Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tarnsman

Doom II Redux (It has nothing to do with Nazi Germany, Pavera!)

MegaDoomer said:

Careful please...I do not believe this to be the case and it could hurt the author's feelings.

How? If anything that's a huge compliment. If someone told me my stuff looked like Tango or Essel or Mechadon I'd be thrilled. I've never heard of someone getting their feelings hurt when they get told how great their work is.

Just popping in to say that this an absolute fantastic remake of Doom II and I eagerly await it's completion! You have taken the best elements of Doom, Doom II, TNT and Plutonia along with modern map design and weaved them into a fantastic reimagining of Doom II. It actually FEELS like Doom II but better and with some actual narrative sense applied. I usually don't give non-zdoom wads a second look, but I am absolutely hooked here. I wish their was a way I could shake your hand through the internet Tarnsman, You have done outstanding work!

Hey you!

You just got a little honorary mention in the cacowards! Keep up the good work and continue on with that sweet high quality mapping deliciousness.

Since I decided to finally get off my lazy ass and stop playing Skyrim, I suppose I should finally get back to work on this.

Also, anyone with any musical skill willing to help with some stuff?

Diverse said:

You just got a little honorary mention in the cacowards!

LOL WHAT!? Well that's interesting...

Tarnsman said:

Since I decided to finally get off my lazy ass and stop playing [i]Skyrim[i], I suppose I should finally get back to work on this.

Also, anyone with any musical skill willing to help with some stuff?

LOL WHAT!? Well that's interesting...

Yuppers, you were mentioned on the second page under honoring a newcomer.
http://www.doomworld.com/18years/best2.php

I finally got through this masterpiece of mapping. You sir, are my new hero. :)

I loved the maps, especially the refueling base, that was amazing. I /sincerely/ look forward to more, keep it up!

I have just finished playing this awesome mapset.

Fantastic work, I look forward to more levels of this caliber. Was lots of fun seeing the similarities between these levels and the originals too.

Keep it up.

And then one might wonder why Freedoom does not ship a Doom2-reminiscient mapset. Like this wonderful piece of art.

NightFright said:

Would be good to know when we can expect more, anyway.

Whenever I'm finally happy with the next batch of levels, still currently drudging my way through the city levels. (AKA making a big city map, deciding I hate it, deleting it, and then repeating the process ad infinitum.)

BTW, I still need more play testers if anyone is interested. Preferably someone who is going to look for really abstract ways to break my maps.

esselfortium said:

Oh, cool. I had been wondering where you went off to. I'm glad to see you're still actively working on this :)

Yeah, I think made, deleted, and remade Downtown 2.0 like ten times now.

Bumpan with 12 and 13 screen shots.

The Factory

Downtown

The Inmost Dens (For the longest time I thought this level was called "The Inner Most Dens")

Tarnsman said:

Whenever I'm finally happy with the next batch of levels, still currently drudging my way through the city levels. (AKA making a big city map, deciding I hate it, deleting it, and then repeating the process ad infinitum.)

Don't delete them. Send them to me. I'll give them a good home

Looks cool from what I see in the screenshots. I wonder on what the final levels will look like? The gameplay also isn't bad from what I have played so far.

I need a HMP playtester, dew is fantastic for UV balance but I feel I've been neglecting the lower difficulties.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Don't delete them. Send them to me. I'll give them a good home

No. My unwanted maps deserve no such home. They die in a ditch, discarded and alone, as a reminder to my next sucktastic mapping effort.

There is no working url on the initial post D:

TheMionicDonut said:

There is no working url on the initial post D:

There is now.

Edit: Okay, now it really works since I unfucked my dumbassery.