Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jodwin

Trine 2

I own the first Trine and it was pretty darn good. It's no Braid, but it's still well worth the $10 I spent on it. Trine 2 looks like it's even better than the first one, but I'm gonna wait and see if they distribute it physically like they did with Trine 1.

I still haven't finished Trine 1.

There's all these Indie Bundles and they just keep happening and I don't have enough time to play them all and still do other things.

Jodwin said:

Because:

1) I'm too attached to Doom (and Kirby! ...and maybe other interesting games, such as Mario) at the moment :P
2) I don't have a Steam account (and my parents won't let me have a credit card :( )

Looking at the trailer though, it does look cool...

I haven't bought it because I still haven't finished the first one. It was a fun game, and honestly I liked the 'Lost Vikings' gameplay system, but I just never finished it. Or really got beyond the second level. Crap, I should go back and play it, I have such a glut of games that I need to finish at this point. And then something like Skyrim gets released and steals all of my game time. But yeah, from what I played of the first Trine, it's a gorgeous game, and it's pretty fun so I can only assume the sequel expanded on that.

Jodwin said:

I am planning to. But I have bought so much crap lately that Trine 2 just has to wait a little bit.

Vordakk said:

I own the first Trine and it was pretty darn good. It's no Braid, but it's still well worth the $10 I spent on it. Trine 2 looks like it's even better than the first one, but I'm gonna wait and see if they distribute it physically like they did with Trine 1.

Why did you have to go and say that. >:/ Now I gotta respond to that. I found Braid to be extremely overrated and more than anything, pretentious. It wasn't very interesting game play, and the art was pretty bad. Trine, while it has it's issues (no online Mp for instance) it's a really fresh breath of air in so many ways. Trine 2 looks totally sweet, and it even got a real solid online Coop MP added.

I did some image Google searches of this name and I'm glad it's not yet another game that deliberately seeks to look old school.

printz said:

I did some image Google searches of this name and I'm glad it's not yet another game that deliberately seeks to look old school.

You don't like Terraria?

Gez said:

You don't like Terraria?

I wasn't talking about gameplay, I haven't tried that game, and my supposed discussion about what I was talking I don't think is worth soiling this thread, thank you.

kristus said:

I found Braid to be extremely overrated and more than anything, pretentious. It wasn't very interesting game play, and the art was pretty bad.

I found Braid to be extremely original, thought-provoking, fun, and well worth the high praise it has garnered. I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay, and I loved the art style. And I thought that the game's plot was really well presented; it really lends itself to multiple interpretations and works on many different levels.

Heh. I just checked my Steam library and sure enough, I own Trine. Haven't played it yet... I'm buried in indieville too, like Gez.

Steam's Christmas sale is coming up so it only makes sense to wait until then since they'll probably take like 75% off the price

It will probably be bundled in a local magazine pretty soon anyway, and for less than it costs on Steam.

yellowmadness54 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't buy it. It looks nice and fun, but money is tight enough as is.

EDIT: I just noticed Maes's avatar moves.

Wait until you notice the mystical disappearing pixel.

I enjoyed the first one, it managed to join ranks of the few games I bother to complete. Love the art style, the music, etc. Preordered a while ago to get access to the beta.

I have played for about an hour now. Not many co-op games going. Wish there were more in-depth puzzles

yellowmadness54 said:

EDIT: I just noticed Maes's avatar moves.

And I just noticed that grass isn't always green!

Craigs said:

Steam's Christmas sale is coming up so it only makes sense to wait until then since they'll probably take like 75% off the price

Highly unlikely since it was released just a few days ago.

Finished it late last night. By far the most beautiful game I've seen to date. And it runs amazingly well considering how delicious it looks, my three years old mediocre box had no problems with the default settings of 1024x768 + max details, while some other modern games (like Hard Reset) are almost unplayable even at lowest settings.

If you loved Trine, you'll love Trine 2 even more.

And if you didn't love Trine, you'll still love Trine 2 just for the aesthetics (and it looks so much better in motion than in still screens).

So I started playing Trine 1 to see what all the fuss is about. Thanks Jodwin for introducing me to a really superb and beautiful game.