Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Worst

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #18 - Khorus' Speedy Shit

For this week's survival business, we are going to blast through Khorus' Speedy Shit. The wad, a cacoward winner, is a full 32-level set of fast, short and chaotic speed maps. To keep up the challenge, we have 002pain, a wad designed just for this session, which doubles the monster damage.

• Skill: Ultra Violence
  • PWADs: Kssht, 002pain, tskins1e, miekskins-r3
  • Maps: 01-32
  • Lives: 1
  • Players: 25/50
  • Servers: [L@P] & [DUI] NJ
  • When: 20:00 GMT (Euro session) / 20:00 EST (US session)
There is still lots of leftover Doom birthday cake this Saturday with this week's ZDS #224 as we play through classic Doom II: Nightmare survival style. Just grab the latest version of ZDaemon and join the fun.

Does the new ZDaemon only spawn players at available player starts? (if there wasn't a player 2/3/4 start thing, it would spawn at coordinate 0,0)

Oh god that was a hilarious 2nd rotation in the euro session.

2x damage provided by the wad + another 2x damage from the server command = 4x damage. Tack on -fast to that and you have a pretty damn hilarious combination of insanity.

As per usual, I recorded as much of this as I could. We went pretty far in the 2nd session, up to map 23 I believe with a very nice amount of people early on. I do believe we matched a record for most number of people on...and even breaking that record too IIRC.

But anyways...41 minutes of footage here.

youtube.com/watch?v=dZB7KLEvD_U

Perhaps a tad too much? Maybe. I had to do it though to show off all the hilarious deaths, spawn kills, and failures abound in these highlights, heh.

Those 41 mintues, each of which I watched, is sincerely the highlight of my near 7 year long level design "career".

I can't believe so many people turned up, I was thinking "oh gee, 4-5 people would be pushing it in those maps!" so I'm surprised it turned out so well. I couldn't stop laughing at the Map11 start, the sequence at 19:20 is just beautiful. Sorry about that. :P

Glad to see (most :p) people had fun with the wad!

Brilliant stuff AZ. Too many funnies to count here, and yeah we got an astounding 35 players at one point... whoa! For a megawad aimed for solo play it was fun as hell to blast through ALMOST FOUR TIMES counting both sessions! I'll upload my footage soon too once the best bits are edited together.

Khorus: Excellent work here, I only played one of the first teaser releases a while ago so the last half of the maps were all a nice surprise. :) I'll have to inquire about getting this perma hosted if it's not already.

i only managed to join the us session (as an euro, heh) and play about 1 rotation, but this was pretty damn hilarious. the added difficulty and even overcoming some coop-unfriendly sp-design problems made beating the wad a heroic team effort.

Anima Zero said:

But anyways...41 minutes of footage here.

youtube.com/watch?v=dZB7KLEvD_U

Perhaps a tad too much? Maybe. I had to do it though to show off all the hilarious deaths, spawn kills, and failures abound in these highlights, heh.

Oh wow... That may have been the most entertaining thing I've watched in a while. I can't imagine what you had to cut out of this. Glad to see this wad got some well-deserved attention!

Sign in to follow this