Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom_Collector

My Doom Collection!

hobomaster22 said:
My girlfriend and I kind of fight over the bookcase as she collects old books. I think I'm winning.

I don't know, that's a pretty impressive collection of Hardy Boys books...

InsanityBringer said:

What's that doing there? :P

I've gotten a good portion of my doom collection in video game lots which leads to me have doubles and triples of things. It also leads to me having video games I don't know or care about.

CODOR said:

I don't know, that's a pretty impressive collection of Hardy Boys books...

I meant space wise on that bookcase. I'm sure she has more books than I have doom stuff, even just Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys, nevermind her actual reading books. She has books everywhere in the apartment, my stuff is just concentrated here. The top shelf on the bookcase I have doom things behind doom things, though most are doubles/triples of things already shown and then Doom 3 crap.

I'm more interested in classic Doom stuff, and since I have nearly every console version of Doom I've mostly been looking for shareware versions. I think I currently have 11 (12 if you include Chex Quest?) different shareware versions of Doom, I think only eight were pictured. I'm not sure why I have this compulsion to own physical boxed copies of everything, but whatever, I somehow justify it in my own mind.

id Anthology
Book of id
Doom comic
id Anthology t-shirt dog tag poster cyberdemon statue and calling card
Doom 3 for xbox
Doom 3 collector's edition
Doom the Movie (sucked)
The Ultimate Doom PC
Doom 2 PC
Final Doom PC
Doom PSX
Final Doom PSX
Doom 64
Master Levels for Doom II PC
Doom Accessory Pack 1,2,3
Level Master II Book & CD
Tricks of the Doom Gurus Book & CD
3D Game Alchemy Book & CD
Demon Gate 666 Levels
Demon Gate 6000 Levels
D!Zone 1, 2, and D!Zone 3000 Gold
H!Zone Levels for Heretic and Hexen
Master Levels for Doom II Poster (Nice)
Quake cd-rom
Aftershock: Levels for Quake
Quake II cd-rom
Quake III Arena cd-rom
Quake IV cd-rom
Quake IV Xbox 360
Heretic - retail on floppies
Hexen: Beyond Heretic - retail on floppies
Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel cd-rom
Strife (Rogue Entertainment) cd-rom
Dark Forces (Star Wars) shareware cd
Doom for Super NES

I think that's it
edit: i forgot Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil And Chex Quest, straight from the cereal box

That's so cool...I recently found an used books & media store that sells about everything at ridicolous prices (even if without their boxes, just raw discs with maybe a CD key label). This way I found an original Dune 2000 CD and a genuine Greek Windowws 98SE CD for 1 Eur each, all original and in good condition but without boxes/manuals. They even sell packs of burned DVDs/CDs with known and some with unknown content for 1 Eur/6 of them.

...I hope I can find something Doom related there...

I got a shrink-wrapped Doom Collector's Edition and an autographed Urban Brawl. That pretty much sums up my collection.

I got:

The Ultimate Doom
Doom 3
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
Widescreen Doom Movie
Doom Battlebook
Doom 3 Prima Guide

and Collector's edition is somewhere, outside of it's case.

Am I the only one that has the actual Doom Music cd released by Bobby Prince? I highly doubt it but I have not seen it on anybody's list or in their pictures.

Currently have:
Doom 64 Cartridge (no box or instructions)
Doom 3 (boxed, no instructions. currently at girlfriend's house since I have the steam version.)
Doom Collector's Edition (boxed)
The Ultimate Doom (steam version)
Doom II (steam version)
Master Levels for Doom II (steam version)
Doom 3 ROE (steam version)
Final Doom (steam version)
Masters of Doom Book
Issue of Retro Gamer featuring Doom

mkfanatic said:
Am I the only one that has the actual Doom Music cd released by Bobby Prince?

I downloaded the MP3s that he put up on his page about a decade ago. I always meant to buy the album but I was a poor student back then and by the time I could afford it, it was nowhere to be found. Is it still available somewhere?

It looks like neither Amazon nor Ebay has any. You could always try e-mailing Bobby Prince and see if he has any more.

mkfanatic said:
Am I the only one that has the actual Doom Music cd released by Bobby Prince? I highly doubt it but I have not seen it on anybody's list or in their pictures.

Yeah, my tiny list of physical DOOM possessions currently includes:

• DOOM - Collector's Edition (CD, still have the gray box in a closet)
  • The DOOM Hacker's Guide (editing book by Hank Leukart, with CD)
  • Masters of Doom (Kushner book on Carmack and Romero)
  • PC Juegos DOOM I & II (add-on CD compilation from an Argentine magazine)
  • DooM MuSIc (sic, music CD published by Bobby Prince)
There's a picture of a PC Juegos issue spotlighting DOOM II here, although the CD may have been from another issue, because I recall a (now lost) hints book from the same publication, which seems to be on the pictured issue, which does not seem to mention the CD.

myk said:

Yeah, my tiny list of physical DOOM possessions currently includes:

• DOOM Collector's Edition CD (the gray box too, in a closet)
  • DOOM Hacker's Guide (editing book by Hank Leukart, with CD)
  • Masters of DOOM (Kushner book on Carmack and Romero)
  • PC Juegos DOOM I & II (add-on CD compilation from a magazine in Spanish)
  • DooM MuSIc (sic, music CD published by Bobby Prince)
There's a picture of a PC Juegos issue spotlighting DOOM II here, although the CD may have been from another issue, because I recall a (now lost) hints book from the same publication, which seems to be on the pictured issue, which does not seem to mention the CD.

So is the music on that CD pretty much exactly how Bobby Prince intended it to be? I'm interested in hearing that.

Hard to say. The tracks where recorded in 1997, and arranged to fit the order of quake maps, acording to what is written on the backcover of the cd. The second track has soundeffects from doom mixed in.

They're similar to the MP2 recordings in the Doomworld music section, but of higher sound quality. Both were recorded with a Roland Sound Canvas, if I am not mistaken, which is one of the methods used for playing the music during development, and apparently Bobby's main composing means back then. This is probably why the instruments in the GENMIDI lump in the DOOM games are similar to how the Roland Sound Canvas instruments sound.

doomcu said:

my new collection...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Note: Internet Explorer will not display pictures :S Mozilla fine :)

Nice Dooms collection. Some day my moyher and father will let me buy the DooM series on Cd

I only really have all the game discs plus some artwork and misc stuff.

Most of my "collection" is stuff I made myself in my spare time, in the form of posters and such.

Here's a 3+ year old picture of about 70% of my collection at that time (the rest I couldn't fit into one picture). Since then my collection has grown at least another 50% I would estimate.

I'm currently remodeling inside but that's almost done. Then I'll break everything back out and take some updated pictures.

My most unique items include a literally ONE of ONE Reaper Arachnotron sculpted by Sandra Garrity that was rejected by id software, some very unique/rare Reaper CyberDemons, 4 factory sealed id Anthology collections, and a decent amount of autographed materials.

http://www.v8killer.com/Collection1280.JPG

Some people have awesome collections in here. :)

As for me, I prefer to collect the console versions:

PSX Doom
PSX Final Doom
Saturn Doom
SNES Doom
3DO Doom
Doom 64

And I also have The Ultimate Doom, Doom II, The Master Levels and Final Doom all on the PC as well, with a bunch of WADS as well.

And I hope to add Doom on the 32X, Jaguar, and GBA in the near future.

I only have Ultimate Doom & Doom II(inc No Rest For The Living) both on the 360 and the first 2 Doom books.

Although i don't really go out of my way to find Doom stuff. I would like PSX Doom but rarely have the money to buy it when i do find it.

I have a very small D00M collection.

I physically have:

Doom 3
PSX Doom
Doom 3 Novel: Worlds on Fire
D00M Movie

Thats it. I'm looking for posters though. I would love some to hang up on my walls.