Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nightmare imp

Easiest Editor to use?

DCK is my personal favorite. DeepSea rocks too. Anyway it's all a matter of practice. Any stable editor works for that matter, it's your ability, not the sofware itself.

Try out DCK 3.62, but beware of its random loader runtime errors. They usually occur when DCK tries to open a dialog box. Other than that, it's pretty easy to work with. It's the only editor I ever used to build maps as a matter of fact.

Zaldron said:

DCK is my personal favorite. DeepSea rocks too. Anyway it's all a matter of practice. Any stable editor works for that matter, it's your ability, not the sofware itself.

I remember I bought a book about the DCK and it came with a CD, which didn't even work, no matter how hard I tried. I think that's to blame for the reason I waited so long to get into level editing. I could've been churning out levels when I was nine if it weren't for that faulty piece of crap =)

My problem is the fact that I originally learned how to edit using DooMCAD. I have become so accustomed to using it, that I find it difficult to learn to use other editors.

This has lead to a strange editing style.

First I build most of the level I am working on in DooMCAD, then switch to a series of other editors to tweek it.

One of these days I am going to have to learn how to use some of the other editors from scratch.

Boingo said:

My problem is the fact that I originally learned how to edit using DooMCAD. I have become so accustomed to using it, that I find it difficult to learn to use other editors.

This has lead to a strange editing style.

First I build most of the level I am working on in DooMCAD, then switch to a series of other editors to tweek it.

One of these days I am going to have to learn how to use some of the other editors from scratch.

I did this too for a while. I used deth to touch things up and I used deth more and more until I scrapped doomcad altogether. Oneweek map07 is the last map I made that has some doomcad stuff in it, everything after that is pure deth.