Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lainos

Doxylamine Moon: Overdose

Download (now on idgames):
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16664

The map is in fact a reinterpretation and continuation of my map from Sacrament wad.

Major differences:
- The map became "playable", e.g. there are many monsters in it (this was the main goal of remaking the original).
- New locations added. Hope they are as successful as those in "Doxylamine Moon" in Sacrament.
- Automap added and handled properly.
- Also, old locations have been slightly modified.

Now, a few words about the plot.
Generally it's based on the Sacrament wad story:
It's the End of the World. All unworthy people see each other as monsters, including the protagonist.
The action is taking place later than the Sacrament.wad's plot. The protagonist wakes up in a museum, where he passed out for a while - due to an overdose. By this time the End of the World has entered the final phase long ago (it began in the end of Sacrament.wad), and among other things, the wet areas became freezing (slightly). The main character, of course, is not aware of what's going on, so he must think what to do in this situation.

Screenshots (new):

Sky is too low in places, causing glitches in GL mode in PrBoom+. The worst one was intentional I guess (lowered ceiling dividing the "sea" in two). Was this to block monster LoS?

I think it was better with a few monsters, because it gave the feeling of the horror. Not the Saw-like horror, but Silent Hill-like horror.

However, mapping is so great. Congratulations, comrade!

I havn't had a chance to play sacrament in the past, so I loaded this up not having much of a debrief other than your rocking back story paragraph. I only spent a little time with it, but man, this is one huge ass detailed city map. You really have to have the time, patience, and mood to play it, so can't say much at this point. I did notice the weapons were somewhat of a pain to use do to how they are offset. I would have rather preferred stock doom weapons. Otherwise, good job man!

Hah, awesome. I just played Sacrement for the first time several days ago and was rather impressed with it, especially Doxylamine Moon. The city areas in that wad were extraordinary, and I had fun exploring every nook and cranny.

I'll give this a shot sometime soon.