Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Screenies look nice, very E4M1 look in the first 2 pics. I'll play it tomorrow, maybe even do a Let's Play review for it ;)

PRIMEVAL said:

Screenies look nice, very E4M1 look in the first 2 pics. I'll play it tomorrow, maybe even do a Let's Play review for it ;)

Good luck! Expect to die a good number of times...

Nice map. Died a few times. Got to the big fight before grabbing the blue key and decided I had enough as I know in one more try I probably would've succeeded. Hated that chaingunner/archie trap >: It's not really that hard a map though. Just have to have a strategy for each fight. Definitely not as hard as go 2 it. I would like to see more slaughter maps made from original map bases like this though. I think they're fun.

fda:http://www.mediafire.com/?3y6gatislb4782c

FDA. Forgot the big stash of rockets so I had to use the 'secret' lift for cover at one point, heheh. Final fight required a lot of focus, though it really wasn't that hard. At least how I beat it. Didn't even notice the alcoves to play whack-a-marine with the cybs. I got a bit confused that you left that door to the right of the 2nd room where the PEs are in, I'm not sure if it opens from the other side but it's kinda useless either way. Also the megasphere across from the blue armor that opens up after the red key (?) is a bit close to the plasma cells, I kept picking it up when I didn't really want to.

Enough nitpicking; I thought it was pretty fun, nice challenge. Music worked with the map, as well as the change from green to brown, gave it an 'alternate reality' feel to the original.

prboom + 2.5.1.2 complevel 9. However when I exited I went left instead of right, and then I get some cwil patch error. Something about creating patches? It played back but had the same error in the end.

Ok after 1 second of thought, did you copy/paste the map directly from doom1 to work on it? Perhaps something is calling a doom1 texture or something at exit. Shouldn't start at all if that's the case though.

Weird. Well I could try doing a recordfromto to go to the right exit instead. I don't know exactly how to tell how long a demo is from its file size though.

E: Well it's definitely the .png format problem, because when I exited on the right it also did the cwilv error. Perhaps make a non-png version? Or maybe just remove the .png to watch it. Shouldn't desync it, though I'm kinda worried that you say it desyncs as soon as you start it.

Nightmare FDA (Doom2+, i.e. Doom 2 1.9). The opposition was quite thick and the BFG ammo went out quickly, but it was a really cathartic feeling to kill all the revenants (for a while). There's a tutti-frutti in the stairs going to the second house!

Nightmare FDA of MAP02 (same format). I really enjoyed this one and it showed hopes (from me) of progress. I really liked how I could backstab the Cyberdemon while he was busy bludgeoning the Hell Knight. Note that there's a HOM instead of the switch supposed to raise the walkway. You may see it in the demo.

The tutti-frutti appears if I test this wad in basic executables like Doom2+ or Chocolate-Doom.

Rayzik said:

Ok, I found where you are talking about, but I have no idea why it's appearing there... Wouldn't the other steps have the issue as well?

Steps and other short textures can't be tiled in basic Doom, and you probably offset and/or unpegged the offending texture so it displays beyond its origin.