Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

Werd nerd

10 Signs That A Kid Is A Nerd

10. Likes people that opress him: teachers, parents, principals, police, and authority figures.
9. Is overly enthusiastic about 'Dungeons and Dragons' and other role playing games.
8. Very familiar with mega-hurtz, wears glasses and, can quote scripture.
7. Frequently speaks of martial arts, but still gets beaten up.
6. Says 'Whom' instead of 'Who.'
5. Is pleased when disruptive individuals are sent to the office, so that they can continue with their learning.
4. Prefers NPR to any music.
3. Gets upset when there is a test or quiz that he did not know about.
2. Rooted for Deep-Blue in the famous chess game.
1. Must be pulled off bridge when not accepted at the college of his choice.

10. Do university lecturers count as teachers? I actually like a couple of mine :)

9. Well, I like D&D PC games, but I'd never play it pen and paper.

8. Heh, tick the first two for me, although I always make sure my glasses are fanshionable. I gues I know also a couple of lines of Shakespeare, but who doesn't? :)

5. When I was at school, I was pleased when disruptive individuals got sent to the office, but because usually they were complete wankers and I wanted them to be punished ;)

4. Who?

2. Doesn't that make 99% of Japaneese kids nerds?

fodders said:

Well, I get upset when there's a test that I didn't know about. I mean, who would't feel angry when they receive a test that counts for 40% of the semester that they didn't know about ?

9. I only got into Shadowrun last year (had to practically part the sea to find an SR3 core rulebook, too). Didn't get into D&D until after that.
8. Nope. You want my roommate.
7. Sadly, yes.
6. When appropriate, yes.
5. Is pleased when disruptive individuals are sent to the office, so the sonofabitch will stop jabbing me in the back with the smelly old machete that some idiot brought into Geography class for show-and-tell. (Long story.)
4. Nope. Punk for me.
3. When I forget to study, yes. I would have done much better on that D.Math test if I'd remembered it over the weekend. (I still got 30 out of 40.)
2. No, though I know why Deep Blue really won. Programmers being bastards.
1. U of Chicago turned me down, so freakin' what. I'm glad I chose UTD. :)

fodders said:

10. Likes people that opress him: teachers, parents, principals, police, and authority figures.

I hate most of my teachers. My parents are okay but they are so damn annoying. I don't think I've ever said a word to my principal, he does absolutely nothing around the school but sit in his office and be lazy. I don't mind police officers.

9. Is overly enthusiastic about 'Dungeons and Dragons' and other role playing games.

Ugh. No offense to any of you who play that, but I'd rather be playing something outside than stuff like D&D.

I don't know jack shit about technical computer stuff, don't wear glasses, and barely go to church enough to know the Christmas story with any accuracy.

Heh. Martial arts don't do jack shit, IMO. Especially when you're cornered by five guys with baseball bats.

I'm from Pittsburgh. 'Nuff said.

5. Is pleased when disruptive individuals are sent to the office, so that they can continue with their learning.

I don't really care who gets sent to the office as long as it's not me.

What if you prefer Doom to any music =D

I sure as hell get upset when there is a test or quiz I did not know about, mainly because I'm definately going to fail it.

Uhm. WTF?

If I don't get accepted to a decent college, namely a state or big city college, then I probably will just end up not going to any college.

10 signs you may be old

10. you break your hip when you fart
9. you refer to WWII vets as young whippersnappers
8. you still drive the Model T Ford you bought when you were 20
7. you love older women so much they banned you from the funeral home
6. you need your Rascal scooter to move from your rocking chair to your lazy boy
5. you get winded blinking
4. the last time you had an erection, Hoover was in the White House
3. you forget things that happened two seconds ago then forget that you forgot what happened
2. you still have nightmares about the trip you took on the Mayflower
1. you are fodders

in responce:

10. what's opress?
9. never played the game
8. what's mega-hurtz? I need glasses but I'd rather sport contacts, can't quote scripture
7. Hate martial arts
6. I only do that sometimes just for the kick of it
5. nah, I need em to avoid a time warp in class
4. Slayer!!!
3. I'll admit to this one, it does piss me off sometimes
2. I'm pretty good at chess, but i never play
1. Dunno about that, quite possible actually =]

NiGHTMARE said:

4. Who?

National Public Radio

I've never listened to it myself, but I've hear good things.

fodders said:

Some teachers I like, my mom I like, don't know my pricipal, never gotten caught by the police, and can't think of any other authority figures.

Fuck RPGs...DOOM is the ONLY game baby!

I would HOPE that I'm familiar with megahertz, and I do know a bit of Shakespeare and Rostand, but as you can see from my avatar I don't wear glasses ;)

I was in Karate for 3 years...never got beat up after that.

That's called proper grammar usage. My English teacher last year told me that distinction. I'm pretty sure you don't want a lecture, so I'm not going to get into it.

Half the time that's how I feel. The other half is just because the person is just so obnoxious even to those just the opposite of nerds, or I just plain hate a person's personality/mindset.

God help anybody that does...

Well, so do I, but only because it'll hurt my grade, and therfore my chances of getting into the college I want.

Huh?

If I don't get accepted to UTD, that's what's gonna have to happen to me!

#11: You try to prove that you're not a nerd by replying to the 'werd nerd' thread on the Doomworld forums

I'm a nerd I guess. I used to play D&D. I used to take martial arts but quit because I'm a slacker. I know stuff about JAVA programming, if that counts. I like some of my teachers. I've played chess, once or twice. And I enjoy when idiots get sent to the office. The worst thing about school is that there are other people there. Don't get me wrong, I've got a lot of friends, but jocks piss me off. And so do people that make me look worse than I already do.

Top ten signs you're gay:

10. You listen to a musician that wears leather.
9. You watch television.
8. You watch movies.
7. You have ever eaten anything vaguely phallic, like a carrot.
6. You have ever drank milk.
5. You have EVER looked at another man's ass.
4. You play Dungeons & Dragons, Warcraft, Sindicate or Robotech.
3. You let your dad hug you even once.
2. You play video games.
1. You deny that you're gay.

The first person to put on the flashing "I am Gay" avatar gets their legs broke.

Thinking of a bit of consciousness raising, hoping for people to relax, realize that few would make a "choice" to be gay given the crap most will face. No, I wasn't "made" gay by luck or by God, but someone very important to me was. So, I had to re-evaluate my attitudes.

Yeah, there really isn't anything wrong with being gay. I'm not, but my best friend is, and he's the nicest person the world could ever hope for. I really don't have anything againt anybody different so long as they're not jerks, ya know?

I worked with three gay guys at a German restaraunt. One of them was a really cool guy. The other two guys were total pricks.

DC

10 Signs that your a captian:

10. yous alias starts with "Ct"
9. you ware red pants
8. your pic is a hammer and sickal
7. you like doom
6. you carn't spell
5. you carn't be fucked thinking of four more Signs that your a captian
4. Fuck it
3. Fuck it
2. Fuck it
1. Fuck it

Doom-Child said:

Dude, Deep Blue kicked so much more ass than Kasparnov.

DC

AFAIK its ELO rating is still markedly lower than the top player though.

Notable victories over it have come from Karpov, Timman and Speelman.

The next generation of chess programming should be unstoppable, though, with ELOs well over 3,000.

10 Signs That A Kid Is A Tool

10. Likes people that opress him: singers, actors, athletes, people in magazines, forum moderators, and other authority figures.

9. Is overly enthusiastic about the gayness of others.

8. Very familiar with the latest slang, wears Tommy Hilfiger, can quote Rolling Stone magazine.

7. Frequently speaks of sports, but still wishes he had a computer.

6. Says 'stoked' or 'tweekin' instead of 'happy.'

5. Is pleased being a disruptive individual because being the center of attention is all-important.

4. Thinks he's cool because he owns a Clash or Pixies record.

3. Gets upset when there is a new Nike shoe or hair style that he did not know about.

2. Thinks Rage Against the Machine aren't full of shit.

1. Must be pulled off bridge when not accepted by the other tools, er, popular kids.

Well, it's the best I could come up with of the top of my head...

Top Ten Signs You're Using Windows:

10. You often see dialog boxes that contain "Microsoft" and "Windows" in the title bar.

9. If you're discussing computers with a friend, and your friend asks you what OS your computer runs, you say, "Windows."

8. If you have a problem with your computer, and you call tech support, you confirm that your computer is using Windows.

7. If someone asks you whether you use Windows, you say, "Yes."

6. If you're in a bookstore or library, looking for books to help you run your computer, you look for "Windows" in the title.

5. You have Alt-Tab switching.

4. If you read the "help" or "about" information for your operating system, it mentions the fact that you are using Windows.

3. Your operating system is a very popular one that is manufactured by Microsoft.

2. When you start up your computer, the splash screen says "Microsoft Windows."

1. Lament makes fun of you a lot.

Aww shit. I'm a nerd. And gay, and everything else here, according to the polls.