Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

National Defense Authorization Act

I'll wait till I see the senate version of the bill, but I did hear that the pre-senate version said that it doesn't apply to citizens and lawful immigrants. Don't know yet if this was undone in the senate version or not.

Regardless, my attitude toward the supposed implications of this is that even terrorists deserve due process, anything less is the actions of a dictatorship.

Not more of this shit, Many people are trying to convince me it's going to lead to martial law and Americans put into FEMA camps as prisoners. Then some dribble about the extermination of 90% percent of the worlds population or some noise, and that it all begins with the NDAA being signed..

Am I hearing this correct or is just overblown non-sense?

Yeah, these last two years of insane bills proposed are surreal. When they open up that loop hole, you may see some big changes. You know how people bend over to fight terrorism.

We'll see what happens.

Sodaholic said:

Regardless, my attitude toward the supposed implications of this is that even terrorists deserve due process, anything less is the actions of a dictatorship.

It's being done now. It's just scary if they can apply the same treatment to citizens.

skaman86 said:

Then some dribble about the extermination of 90% percent of the worlds population or some noise, and that it all begins with the NDAA being signed..

That sounds more like the Durban climate change agreement, it's the only way we'll meet the emission reduction targets.

Technician said:

It's being done now. It's just scary if they can apply the same treatment to citizens.

Actually, I want to correct my previous statement, as I wasn't being specific. Many of the people who are in captivity are citizens. I meant people who are not white, Christian, born-in Americans.

EDIT: Crippling spelling mistake.

skaman86 said:

Not more of this shit, Many people are trying to convince me it's going to lead to martial law and Americans put into FEMA camps as prisoners. Then some dribble about the extermination of 90% percent of the worlds population or some noise, and that it all begins with the NDAA being signed..

Am I hearing this correct or is just overblown non-sense?

The Illuminati is behind it, I'm sure of it!

Xeros612 said:

The Illuminati is behind it, I'm sure of it!

Vordakk said:

My money's on Majestic 12.

My money's on a nameless artificial super-intelligence that the Internet has spawned. It's omnipresent, omniscient, can manipulate web pages at will, has a horde of online aliases (several are on these forums) and likes to mess with our heads.

GreyGhost said:

My money's on a nameless artificial super-intelligence that the Internet has spawned. It's omnipresent, omniscient, can manipulate web pages at will, has a horde of online aliases (several are on these forums) and likes to mess with our heads.

Cleverbot?

It's funny really, how people never believe "any of that shit" til they're riding in the back of a DHS car with the hand cuffs on and are never seen again.

If the government doesn't want to detain US citizens indefinitely without evidence or trial, then why are they passing a law to let them do it? For shits and giggles? Just to scare up the crazies? Really, I want the skeptics, the persistent hand-wavers, to explain to me right now what this provision is meant to do if it is not meant to do exactly what it says it allows.

Quasar said:

It's funny really, how people never believe "any of that shit" til they're riding in the back of a DHS car with the hand cuffs on and are never seen again.

If the government doesn't want to detain US citizens indefinitely without evidence or trial, then why are they passing a law to let them do it? For shits and giggles? Just to scare up the crazies? Really, I want the skeptics, the persistent hand-wavers, to explain to me right now what this provision is meant to do if it is not meant to do exactly what it says it allows.

This.

I find it nothing short of saddening how people can be dumb enough to simply call anyone who suggests that their government may be doing sinister things a "crazy conspiracy nut". Its like they aren't even able to understand that some people are bad and have bad motives, everyone who points it out is just "some nut" to them.

I don't live in the US mind you, but I still notice people like there where I live also. I hope this bill doesn't pass.

StevieCybernetik said:

You're lucky you don't live in the US. I feel embarrassed to have been born here.

Oh, pish-posh. Just because our congress if full of corporate shills and our president is a pantywaist doesn't mean this is a bad country. It's one of the most awesome and unique nations that ever existed with a rich and interesting history, and I'm proud to have been born here. Just because this country has gone off track and is heading in a bad direction doesn't mean we should give up on this nation. It just means we have to work harder to fix it.

StevieCybernetik said:

You're lucky you don't live in the US. I feel embarrassed to have been born here.

Just go spend your time with Jesse Ventura then.

It seems that every time the us is in any war a bunch of these type laws pop up. So I'm not too worried about this.

Malinku said:

It seems that every time the us is in any war a bunch of these type laws pop up. So I'm not too worried about this.

When is the US not in a war? It's perpetually fighting somewhere.

Danarchy
Just because this country has gone off track and is heading in a bad direction doesn't mean we should give up on this nation. It just means we have to work harder to fix it.

Ironic because they are pretty much putting this law into place to fight protestors.