Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

My annual "So what did you get" thread

Every year around this time I post a thread asking people what they got for Christmas. I know Christmas isn't all about gifts but I'm always curious what everyone got for Christmas. I have yet to open my presents yet but when I do I'll post in this thread. I decided to make this thread on Christmas Eve because sometimes people open presents on Christmas Eve.

nothing yet. It's customary in my family to start exchanging christmas gifts on christmas day.

My mom bought me Skyrim when it came out as an early Christmas gift. Other than that, there'll be stuff to open on Christmas, so I don't know what else I got yet. Probably won't be too much though.

Dr. Durr said:

Atari Flashback 3.
I fucking love that Atari, been playing it for a few hours

CAn't you jest get a real one and feel more satisfied? look up the "harmony cart" on google and get a real VCS. You'll chunk that emulated shit in no time.

Csonicgo said:

CAn't you jest get a real one and feel more satisfied? look up the "harmony cart" on google and get a real VCS. You'll chunk that emulated shit in no time.

I have three 2600s in my basement.

At this point in life, I'd be happy downloading an emulator, but I can't appreciate 2600 games once I get past the nostalgia and novelty of them. But fuck, if it were a gift I'd still enjoy it.

Six smartphones, two iPads, $1,400 in cash and a dead burglar who was fool enough to consume the cyanide-laced milk and cookies I'd left out for Santa. Don't know how I'm going to explain this to the police. :(

Grain of Salt said:

I hate receiving gifts. Even if they're good ones. No, especially if they're good ones.

I'll be sure to send you a jetski next year

Jeremy Clarkson's latest book. A collection of tongue-in-cheek social and political commentaries, originally published in The Sunday Times, celebrating his sometimes controversial/stupid/insane opinions on life.

A scarf. Not that I've worn a scarf since I was like 8 years old, and not that the UK generally provides us with the weather to necessitate a garment that specifically keeps your throat warm, but someone obviously thought I wouldn't look like a douche in one (or maybe they did and gave me it anyway, who knows).

And finally a few filler presents. Cheap toiletries, a couple of boxes of chocolates... that sort of thing.

Grain of Salt said:

I hate receiving gifts. Even if they're good ones. No, especially if they're good ones.

I know where you're coming from. I have an aversion to being the center of someone's attention, which receiving a gift somewhat embodies.

I got a bunch of George R.R. Martin and an Umberto Eco book. Also some electronics tools.

I got 40 dollars from my aunt and uncle, some useless earbuds and mini-mouse that I gave to my mom, a USB hub, and an iPad. That, and my other aunt gave me some green herbal stuff, who is awesome for that. :P

An RC helicopter, Electronic Banking Monopoly, some books, some games, $50, a Kingdom Hearts T-Shirt, and 2 MLP calendars. The shirt and the calendars are my favorite presents. Will update tomorrow after I've had the extended family Christmas, but I probably won't get much there.

Sodaholic said:

That, and my other aunt gave me some green herbal stuff, who is awesome for that. :P

Oh, time to zing up that spaghetti sauce.