Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spinesplitter

Tell Me Your Dream Weapon for Doom

What would be an awesome weapon you would put into Doom if you knew how to make one for it? Or what is the coolest weapon you have created and used? I once made a replacement for the shotgun that was a wand that set enemies on fire but I lost it a long time ago.

The BFG as it works is pretty much the best weapon I could dream of for Doom, or any FPS game for that matter.

Other than that, I've often wished for a sniper/hunting rifle - not a boring, slow, "realistic" one, but rather something close to the one in Serious Sam SE: firing relatively fast, perfect accuracy, powerful sound and damage, satisfying to use.. A stronger/faster-firing shotgun would be high on the list as well.

A few candidates:

1: A hand cannon to replace the crappy default pistol, chambered in .454 Casull or higher.

2: A shotgun capable of burst fire and/or full auto, similar to the AA-12.

3: The railgun from Quake 2. Supposedly it's in Skulltag but I can't figure out how to get it in Brutal Doom.

4: A nuclear missile launcher like the one in Shadow Warrior (or Fallout 3 if you prefer), complete with mushroom cloud and radiation.

eargosedown said:

A pistol that did more damage, fired maybe slightly faster, and felt like a more reasonable desperation weapon.

I was always under the impression they balanced the pistol the way they did to encourage chainsaw usage.

An unarmed melee combat system with as much depth as Yakuza 4's, complete with HEAT finishers and throws.

A hitscan weapon that instantly snaps the neck of the target, using the same sound effect regardless of monster type or class. Proving completely ineffectual against Cacodemons, Lost Souls and Pain Elementals however, I would opt for a medieval or 18th century dental key tooth extraction device.

Crankable. Leverage.

I have never dreamed of any more weapons or played a mod that has em, yet.

I like the idea of the auto shotgun, for doom 4 maybe. but I wonder if it's already getting done to death in console fps games. I remember one in a call of duty awhile back but I don't really keep up with them.

Hectic said:

image of a funny looking gun

Already been done.

EDIT: oops, didn't notice lupinx-Kassman's post above me! Silly me. :P

But anyway, sticking to the topic... MY dream weapon would be a Japanese sword, but it isn't as manly as the Doom guy's fists ;)

rofl i forgot about doit.wad. did that ever win a mockaward?

a bfg that fires chainsaws.

anyway, i'm with phml and terminator44 here, the bfg is already a perfect weapon, and a more powerful shotgun, perhaps with explosive shells, would be great.

Pirx said:

...a more powerful shotgun, perhaps with explosive shells, would be great.

Immoral Conduct has a shotgun that can be upgraded to fire explosive shells. (Yeah, that was the first thing that popped into my head, LOL.)

EarthQuake said:

Drunken missiles would be pretty cool.

Try this -

actor DrunkRocket : Rocket replaces Rocket
{
  -NOGRAVITY
  Gravity 0.02
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    MISL A 1 bright A_Weave(Random (2, 4), Random (2, 3), 3.0, 1.5)
    loop
  }
}