Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HXCpr0n

Question about the vertex slope things

The vertex floor and ceiling things (things 1504 and 1505 respectively) don't seem to work in my wad when I test it. I made some slopes using them and they show up like they should in my DB2 visual mode (I have the gzdoom visual mode plugin).

Do these only work in UDMF maps? I'm just guessing here because my map is in skulltag - doom in hexen format.

If this be the case, I'll just work with plane aligns, which is a shame because I find the vertexes a lot easier to manage and have more capabilities.

Judging from this, it seems you need to ignore the vertex slope things and set the height of the vertex itself (for UDMF). The vertex slope things I reckon are for ZDoom-Hexen format only.

You can use the vertex slope things in either UDMF or Hexen format.

You might be either running an outdated Skulltag version, or you might be trying to use them on sectors that have more than three vertices each.

EarthQuake said:

it seems you need to ignore the vertex slope things and set the height of the vertex itself (for UDMF).

Can you really access the vertex properties from within the visual mode?

Yeah, even if your sector is perfectly triangular, if it has more than three vertices it won't work. So you can't use them with sectors that have a split linedef for whatever aesthetic reason.

printz said:

Can you really access the vertex properties from within the visual mode?

No, you can't. In fact DB2's GZDoom Visual Mode doesn't support the zfloor and zceiling vertex properties at all.

esselfortium said:

You can use the vertex slope things in either UDMF or Hexen format.

You might be either running an outdated Skulltag version, or you might be trying to use them on sectors that have more than three vertices each.

My sectors only have 3 linedefs - thus 3 vertices, so that isn't the problem. I'm also using the latest version of skulltag (98d). I've tried messing around with the height of the vertex things and it doesn't seem to do anything in game.